Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects I'm off to find my '30 Roadster in the Basement.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by The37Kid, Oct 23, 2010.

1. You must be teaching him right Bob.
    Very nice fix, and great to see some progress. Even a little is better than none.

26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  2. Too cool Bob, the Inspector may need a promotion to Chief Mechanic. :cool::cool::D JW

kiwijeff likes this.
  3. hmmmm,........ three years old and he found a way to get the part he needed to get back on the road........

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. 1951hudson

1951hudson

That's awesome sounds like something I would have done, but probably not until I was six

5. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Bob is that bolt Stainless? And did he have the foresight to know it won't freeze up? Even in plastic.

6. shadams

shadams

You have some serious patience. Something that is lacking today and leads to a lot of problems. I would say I cant wait to see it done, but......

Side note, the pedal car story was awesome. My girsl is 2yrs old and my boy is 3 months old but cant wait to get them in the garage with me.

7. The37Kid

The37Kid

Picked up a few needed bits for the Roadster, funny how things are falling into place were a bit of visible progress will be seen soon. That tractor fix is still the big news around here, that is one active mind. Bob

8. indyjps

indyjps

Happy to see the progress, Ive been checking in on this thread, remember when you first posted. The basement story sticks in my memory. I got a transmission done years ago from a guy that works out of his basement.

Here's a general diagram I've used in the past. Contact Rebel wire and see if they'll send you a diagram corresponding to their harnesses. If you're able to plan your wiring runs during mockup, you can hide routings or plan for clamps, ground straps etc and get any welding done before paint.

Attached Files:

bct likes this.
  9. noboD

noboD

Indyjps, they better send someone to hook up the wires too. Bob lets the smoke out of the wire.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  10. The37Kid

The37Kid

I've blocked or at least tried to block the wire deal out of my head and moved ahead on things I can do or understand. Still can't understand why there is so much wire involved in a simple small car. Thanks for the diagram indyjps. Bob

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  11. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

You are doing well Grandpa! Keep him supplied with hardware.

12. The37Kid

The37Kid

Like Christmas morning, trying to guess what is in the package that arrived from 383deuce today. Bob 2015 LARS Fund 615.jpg

13. My bet is its a wheel, Bob.:rolleyes::D JW

54reno and kidcampbell71 like this.
  14. Flywheel... definitely a flywheel.

15. my guess is "a major award". does it say, fragile, on it?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
    WTF really and Runnin shine like this.
  16. "Fra- GEE- lay"

almost blew my Coke all over my pc screen- Gawd, I love that movie :D

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  17. great movie and what i think puts it over the top is the sound/music, and lack there of, back round music at opportune times.the whimsical build up of the music as he digs through the box, and then turns "sexy" as the leg is revealed. in that scene the music stops as he plugs the wire in, allowing her little scream to add the effect of the disaster............brilliant, and it is found throughout the movie.

18. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Hmm.. Rear frame rail horns for a deuce frame?

Boxing plates, perhaps?

19. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

The school Ralphy attends, my dad went to. Grandma use to always tell a story of a time that they had a fire drill and my dad ran all the way home in tears believing his beloved Mickey Mouse jacket burned up in flames! I'm not sure but I think there wasn't even a fire, but I do believe the school house did burn down at some point.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    Jeff Pandora likes this.
  20. 1951hudson

1951hudson

Looks like a rifle wrapped up

21. The37Kid

The37Kid

Got to see an unrestored 1958 AC and an early COBRA side by side today. The SMITH'S gauges are what I plan to use on the Pierce Arrow gauge cluster. 2015 LARS Fund 646.jpg

22. They are cool Bob, I have a Smiths tacho that would match them. JW

23. If you put fishnet nylons on it and a black high heal I will know what it is.:p You can see where my mind is. :eek:
    As for your Grandson, it is the little things that make life great!:cool:

24. cgc1958

cgc1958
    Member Emeritus
    1. 1957-59 Ranchero's

Wow, you're not kidding!!

25. The37Kid

The37Kid

Maybe 2016 is the year visible progress gets made. Happy Thanksgiving. Bob AFTER Hersher 2015 620.jpg

26. Bob, you need to remove the word ''Maybe'' from that statement. :rolleyes::D JW

Bobby38 likes this.
  27. There's some progress, I can see the floor. :D

26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  28. Doodlrodz

Doodlrodz
    Member Emeritus

Looks like my garage minus the wood pile.

29. The37Kid

The37Kid

Just saw this in another thread, think I'll upgrade my '35-36 bones this way. Bob

[​IMG]

Six Ball, oliver westlund and louisb like this.
  30. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

Bob, when I read your thread I don't feel so bad about working on my wagon since '06.:oops::rolleyes: