Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods I'm looking for pictures of

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jjjmm56, Mar 8, 2018.

1. jjjmm56

jjjmm56
    from FL.

I'm looking for pictures of open engine compartments. I'm getting ready to mount things like ign coil, fuel regulator, fuel lines, all the little stuff that's needed. I would like to see how others have done it. Looking for pics of tri carb strombergs fuel lines, feel logs, guages. Throttle linkages or cable set ups. Looking for some cool ideas. My firewall is a blank slate. Thanks[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

chop job, spurgeonforge and ABONES like this.
  2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

nice ride - need more pics

3. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Me too, looking for the same thing as I have a 324 going into 32

4. jjjmm56

jjjmm56
    from FL.

Here's a pic of the 303 all dressed up[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

5. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

If'n I was building for the traditional "period" look this would be my template.
    Oh, by the way, no cable actuated throttle either.

[​IMG]

belair and Tjompen like this.
  6. My -32 Roadster with a 1989 350 Tbi. Moon valve covers and air cleaner, finned oil pan. motor.jpg

7. That whole deal looks pretty nice.:)

8. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mine is a flatty but the plumbing is the same. I like a tidy firewall. I mounted the regulator on the frame rail just beneath the firewall as it requires a return line and that is too much plumbing, and brought a single 3/8 SS line to the filter. Pump is tank mounted.
    upload_2018-3-8_13-26-23.png
    upload_2018-3-8_13-26-48.png
    From there I used Russell braided nylon line to the fuel block mounted on the blower housing. The line uses a valved quick disconnect at the fuel block to allow for easy and no mess removal of the blower and carbs for later servicing.
    In this picture you can see the hole in the firewall for the throttle cable since installed. I monkeyed around with mechanical linkage but resorted to the cable on this side and another hole on the passenger side (yet to be drilled) for the choke cable.
    upload_2018-3-8_13-30-46.png
    My MSD blower timing box is mounted to brackets welded inside on the firewall (no hardware on the outside showing). It is wired to the coil that I fabricated a SS mount for just below the distributor that holds the same angle as the distributor.
    upload_2018-3-8_13-36-24.png
    I built the SS line from the reservoir to the clutch M/C last night but no picture yet. It mimics the shape of the fuel line for aesthetic reasons.
    In an earlier thread a few years back I built an electric heater for the car so there are no heater hoses passing through the firewall or cluttering the flathead.
    There is a ribbed aluminum bulkhead cover on each side of the firewall that will handle all of the cabling coming form the cockpit forward. In this picture you can see the cloth covered #4 alt cable on its way to the trunk mounted battery.
    upload_2018-3-8_13-51-50.png
    I welded straps inside my inner fenders (34 highboy roadster) to hold the loomed wiring and all exposed wiring (temp gauges, oil pressure sender, electric fan and lights) will be cloth covered which I am working on building now.
    I also fabricated a ring that is welded from the inside of the car (plug welds) to mount the column eliminating hardware and cleaning up the lower firewall.
    upload_2018-3-8_13-54-54.png
    I am building a couple of neat little aluminum removable covers that will trim the pedals where they come through.
    I hope this is what you were looking for and that it helps.

spurgeonforge likes this.
  9. perk30

perk30

image.jpg image.jpg My ‘30 coupe with SBC 350 and 3 Rochesters and water pump riser

spurgeonforge likes this.
  10. jjjmm56

jjjmm56
    from FL.

11. jjjmm56

jjjmm56
    from FL.

That's a lot of good ideas. I'm also going to use a return regulator and I like the ribbed covers. I made some ribbed covers for my 303 looks like I'm going to need to make one for the coil now. Thanks for the pics you should be very proud of what you've done there.

Bandit Billy likes this.
  12. Tidy firewall. Yes please.
    20150523_134136.jpg

13. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

If you want to run at the drag races you can't have your fuel lines, filters or regulator mounted on the fire wall.

flatford39 likes this.
  14. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Wow wow and wow:)Nice work. Gives me something to shoot for :cool:

Bandit Billy likes this.