Register now to get rid of these ads!

IH 34,35,36 Grile Insert

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 32 hudson, Nov 28, 2011.

1. 32 hudson

32 hudson

Using an International grill shell on my coupe. The screen wire mesh is damaged and rotted out. I am looking for pics of IH grille shell with a custom inserts with vertical bars , wire screen or expanded sheet metal. I am leaning to a vertical bar type insert but would like to see pictures of other inserts also. Picture of my naked grill shell attached. What did you use or fabricate for the IH specifically ?

Attached Files:

2. chaddilac

chaddilac

I've see the .25" holed sheets used in these... looks nice!

Similar to this... but in plain aluminum.

[​IMG]

3. 32 hudson

32 hudson

I did a search for grille inserts. Found lots of posts/pics pertaing to 32 fords. But found no pics for the IH.

4. 32 hudson

32 hudson

Btt hope some one can help with some pictures

5. 57tailgater

57tailgater
    from Georgia

6. jreeder41

jreeder41

Here is a pic from a truck we are working on. We did have it chrome plated.

[​IMG]

7. 32 hudson

32 hudson

btt

8. joncro55

joncro55
    from New Jersey

May want to look at 1 of 2 places if you are still looking for this grille insert material:

Either try Mcmaster Carr - they are an industrial supply warehouse, who stock most things but at times can be a little pricey. Theyre catalogue and service department usually cannot be matched.

Or try Belleville - They stock most alloys, sizes and shapes of wire mesh and wire cloth material and their service is also very good. They usually have the lowest price on mesh that I am looking for. Can be found here: http://www.bwire.com/

Good Luck guys and let me know if you have any further questions about these sources or want to add another one to this growing list of wire mesh suppliers.

9. 42hotrod

42hotrod
    from S.E. Idaho

I opened this thread gritting my teeth expecting some gawd awful tractor grill looking rat rod thinga-ma-jigger and actually, that is a really good looking grill, reminds me of 33 34 fords in a way.

Good choice!

10. 32 hudson

32 hudson

Well guys thanks for the input. I ended up fabricating an insert from 3/16 ' cold rolled round rod. I would appreciate it if you have coments that they not be too brutal. Trying to do the best I can on a budget and being an amature home builder. It still needs a little finishing and some white paint.

Attached Files:

kurtnaut likes this.
  11. 32 hudson

32 hudson

Just a picture of the painted grill insert I fabricated. Maybe it is a little bit of to much white. I could paint the outer flange and just leave the grill bars white. What do you guys think about that option ?

Attached Files:

12. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

You did a better job than I did on a bobber(yea I know) truck I did awhile back.. I think it looks very good.. Maybe a hammer paint silver......

Attached Files:

• 145.jpg
      145.jpg
      File size:
      535.3 KB
      Views:
  13. 32 hudson

32 hudson

Thanks scrap metal 48 . Yeah silver would be a good color also. I thinking a white paint schme for the grill, firewall,shocks, axel and front suspension in general with a black frame for now. Cobalt blue for the body and grill shell latter some day.