Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Ignition coil-does size matter?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PatrickDanford, Nov 22, 2022.

1. Driver50x

Driver50x

Remove all of the spark plugs and take a good look at them. Make sure the electrodes still have square edges, not rounded off and worn. Make sure sure the gaps are close to the Recomended spec. .035”. Make sure the porcelain is not black, if it is put a new set in. Shiney black on the porcelain is oil fouling, due to worn rings, cylinder bores, or valve guides. Flat black is fuel fouling, caused by a carburetor or choke problem.

2. Driver50x

Driver50x

That’s why you always have to adjust the dwell first, and then adjust the ignition timing.

ClayMart likes this.
  3. PatrickDanford

PatrickDanford

Thank you all for the help.
    Went through everything, cleaned, checked gap, and reassembled and that worked!

squirrel likes this.
  4. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

If the spark is pink the condenser is bad. A condenser will act like a fuel pump. It will run down the road for a bit then quit. Turn the key on and it will run for a bit again and quit. Glad you found the problem. Lippy

5. ekimneirbo

ekimneirbo

This is where you should start. Do ALL plugs look similar? If so, is it a good similar or a bad similar look? Probably replace the plugs anyway. Then add a Pertronix ignition.......

Illustrious Hector and NoelC like this.
  6. NoelC

NoelC

Technical - Dual Rochester carburetors vacuum | The H.A.M.B. (jalopyjournal.com)

I must have too much time to waste because I'm calling Bull Shit.
    Fake news, fake post.
    I don't think it's the first time either and maybe it doesn't matter much just the same.

If it ain't fake, post a picture would you.
    Post a picture of you, standing beside the truck and a sign that says, not fake.
    I'll be a believer. Born again.
    Right now, I'm thinking enough is enough. What a waste of time.

I mean common on, ya don't think that dual carb set up was pertinent information to solving the problem? 2+2=4. Something here isn't adding up.

I'm not expecting to see said picture but really, have you seen the fake out there.
    Bet they can photoshop that couldn't they. IF they wanted to.
    Man on the moon, yea right.

Geeze, as the boys say, it'd be greasy if they was doing it for hits.

7. PatrickDanford

PatrickDanford

Attached Files:

NoelC and Budget36 like this.
  8. PatrickDanford

PatrickDanford

Attached Files:

NoelC likes this.