Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest if your younger than 20 read this.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lost rodder, Aug 7, 2009.

1. ltex old iron

ltex old iron
    BANNED

i want that 35 3w..sell it to me!!

2. Fomocokid

Fomocokid
    from Rapid City

The guy I got the '35 from is a long time friend. I tried to buy the car from him a couple times. I decided to stop pressuring him for a while. one day he called me and told me I could have the car if I came to pick it up. I will be picking it up in September

3. Blasphemy, over the age limit. Go to the back of the line young man. :D:D

Something about that T that just makes it for me. I've seen other pics of it. Smooth build, even if you are too damned old. ;)

4. SquigMachine

SquigMachine

im 19(turn 20 in a few weeks though...) been working my 55' pickup over since i was about 17 only thing i have so its loved

5. Uh I think he was just yankin' your chain or whatever it is that they say these days. But if he wasn't I'll be real mean to him next time I get a chance. :)

I know I'm posting twice in a row but what the hell, I'm still watchin' and droolin'.

6. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

my avatar its a 51 ford is my sons car he's 13 and I've helped him but he's put 80% of the money :eek:and time in the car:cool:..... heres some pics

Attached Files:

7. inliner54

inliner54

Im glad you and your son are building a car together but make sure you teach him right and get him the proper equipment like a charcoal mask and if your painting with isocyanates you should have a fresh air system. Im not doggin you, just saying.

8. VanHorton

VanHorton

cool 35! well, it will be much cooler with a litte work put into it haha...

here is an update for me, moving along with a 23 T body...

[​IMG]

9. grumpy's lil redhead

grumpy's lil redhead

i'm sixteen, i'm a girl. i grew up with cars, it's pretty much all i know and work with. i spend 80% around hotrods or at carshows where the lame stuff is. i had a 63 ragtop bug, i know. but it was cool. im lookin for another bug or a 63-64 chevy truck.

don't have a picture right now, sorry.

10. MrModelT

MrModelT

Back of the line!? .....but I was here first! :D

11. Cuts? :D:D

Gawd for the first time in a long time a good old fasioned lets show 'em post.

12. sdrodder

sdrodder
    from Houston TX

I am 15 soon to be 16. I got a 58 chevy truck i am slowly turning into a traditonal rod/mild kustom. Dad shows me how to do stuff. Also dad lets me work on his 36 chevy truck(been doing paint work on it and clean up just your basic frame off resto). And we will soon start working on moms 53 ford customline 2 dr post we got for free. Pics as follow

My 58 chevy fleetside, kustomized grill, 235 inliner with tube headers nicson triple carb, axel over spring front suspension, flattened out rear springs RUNNING lake pipes with cherry bombs.

Pics are old without lake pipes on it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Future plans include some modified 57 chevy hood bullets for air cleaners, 16 inch 37-38 chevy rims, white walls and everythign red chromed.

Moms 53 ford. This will be dad and mines future project. Got it for free from our friends dad(he wanted it to go to someone who respects it as much as builds it). Complete with vintage sears bearings!!!. Floor need to be replaced and some small rust/rot in rockers and quarters. Has the flatty in it and is not frozen. Plans for it include a lowring job, a hopped up flatty(courtesy of me any desire to run vintage speed parts) Gonna be kinda a sleeper mom wants to keep all the stock trim and a pretty stock looking interior. It will probably be painted(moms choice) a pink on the bottom and pearl white top.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gotta find some pics of dads 36 chevy truck but so u know what we are doing with it. We are doing a total frame of resto. Stock front suspension including the knee action shocks. The rear is modified with a 55 chevy truck rear axel. The 36 came without a motor but a 235 is being dropped in with either a thickstun dual carb intake or a rare(hamb bought) harper triple carb intake. We will run a half hood and either run stock 17 inch wire wheels or artileries. the 235 will be backed by a t-5 out of a chevy s-10 truck. The body is solid not one rust hole. I will find some pics probably tonight and post em up. I will also be tought how to do lead work by dad.

13. ltex old iron

ltex old iron
    BANNED

anymore young guys or girls?

14. lost rodder

lost rodder

i bet since you posted that you have made some new friends off this thread...:D very cool chick...

15. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

Haha, but with a 6'1, 340lb dad lurking over her shoulder, they usually look from a distance..:eek::D;):cool:

16. lost rodder

lost rodder

:eek: i would look from a distance to!!!!;)

17. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer

Right at the cutoff of 20, I roll around in my Bastard 1953 Fleetwood. It looks a bit different now, but thats a tale for tomorow haha.
    [​IMG]

18. hotrod-40

hotrod-40

Gosh I hate you! ;):D

19. hotrod-40

hotrod-40

Well I'm 23 now, but I bought this 40 pickup when I was 17. Here are two pics of me working on it when I was under 20.

Attached Files:

20. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

:eek:Best watch your back!! haha:cool:

21. cometmitch

cometmitch

i'm 15 just about to turn 16 and right now my father and i are working on a '63 Merc Comet. doesn't run yet but were working on putting a 200 straight six. this is what it looks like now going to keep it traditional

Attached Files:

22. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

23. lost rodder

lost rodder

here is a car that me and a friend will be starting on soon..its a 32 chevy vicky just got it yesterday...:D

Attached Files:

24. Van Dutch

Van Dutch

Oh my god you probably sneak into R-rated movies too. What's the younger generation coming to!

Not sure how any member of this HAMB community isn;t thrilled looking at this thread. Must be 50 new members on this thread alone. Hey new guys, join the Hamb alliance, send in 50 buck to Ryan and get that FNG tag removed and get great vendor discounts. Worth it.

25. hotrod-40

hotrod-40

Hey here is that pic of how I did my fan. I drilled the spot welds on the 8ba pulley, and slid off. I took the pulley off the 40 hub, machined down out by the fan mount so pulley can sit far enough out. The reason for doing all this is because 8ba pulleys stick out farther the 59a's. Stock 8ba fan will hit the radiator hoses.

Attached Files:

26. speedysilver

speedysilver

hey you got that right im sixteen and im building a 23 t bucket and if i get kicked out of this forum cause im under 18 i really dont care because awesome cars were built before the internet even existed and i will be able to put my car together with out the hamb board if i have too.

27. ELD

ELD

Hey ya young whippersnappers....stick around, shake it up. youse are doing great work and learning, it's all about the young and the young at heart.

"youse is a word in Jerzee" no spelling correction please.

28. lost rodder

lost rodder

ha! yeah no more spelling corrections! :D

29. demonspeed

demonspeed

well i guess if the thread is running outta young guys ill chime in. im 21 now but i bought a '54 ford mainline (four door! don't hate!) sedan when i was 18, brought it out to wyotech with me, built a 302 small block out of a '68 fairlane for it, and put a t5 trans out of an '88 mustang behind it. unfortunately when i graduated the car went back to the parents house and i went 600 miles away for a job. had to send the car home due to a lack of a garage.my dad turns some wrenches on it once in a while but progress is pretty damn slow. i was home a few weeks ago and looked at it a bit but its pretty depressing sometimes thinkin how far i have to go until its running. so i'm pretty jealous of everyone who gets to work on their car everyday. sometimes i forget i even have a hot rod haha. hopefully next month i'll get home and spin some wrenches. but im still a car guy at heart. i'm a full-time certified vw technician for a dealership so i get to work on cars all day they just aren't mine.

and to the minors.... don't let the old prick scare ya off the hamb. i joined the hamb when i was 14 (anyone remember the "old hamb" before it looked like this? lol) and 99% of the old guys appreciate what you're doin in your garages

30. ltex old iron

ltex old iron
    BANNED

thats the right additude