Register now to get rid of these ads!

If your heading to Bonneville read this first.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ratstar, Jul 15, 2007.

1. ratstar

ratstar

Its the
    unOFFICIAL HAMB
    Speed Week Kick-off BBQ

Plenty of food, and water for our thirsty traveling brotheren! Stop by on August 9th for a HAMB meet and greet for everyone who is traveling our way for the Speed Week Festivities.
    We provide the food, you provide the mouths, cars and volume!
    We'll hang out for a few hours and eat a few cows. Make any needed repairs to your rides. Afterwards we'll all head out to the big Salt together.
    We'll start when the first car shows up and go till we hit Wendover!

I've given some what of a map from I-80 coming from the east. If you're coming from the west, let me know I'll get them for you too! I wouldnt want you to feel left out.

Attached Files:

2. ratstar

ratstar

Can I kinda get a head count on how many will be stopping in?

3. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Carps and I will be there.

B:)B

4. skajaquada

skajaquada
    from SLC Utard

count me in for it...i'm gonna take work off for sure this year. can't believe i've lived in utard for almost ten years and haven't made it out:eek:

5. tomcat46

tomcat46

My son Dylan and I will be there.

Tom

6. scarylarry

scarylarry

If our timing works out right, me, Clark, Jr, Motor Mikey, Big John, Spike, and maybe a couple more. Just keep in mind it is us, so the plan is bound to fall apart somewhere on the way!

7. I'm working on it. Trying to find a co-pilot.

8. Elmo Rodge

Elmo Rodge

Depending upon what day I leave, I'm sure gonna try. Thanx for the invite. I'll probably be coming by way of Rush Valley. Wayno

9. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

There should be a contigent of approx. 6-7 Canadian boys.......and one token American boy for good measure.

10. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Now Now Wayno, what could possibly keep you away as you are now one of those retired dudes and single at that. You can come and go anytime you want can't you? Are you holding out on us ol buddy?

B:rolleyes:B

11. ratstar

ratstar

Looks like we should have a good turn out so far. Hope to see a few more, as we still have half a cow left with these numbers! lol

12. vette man

vette man

All of you have a great time !I do know a few more from Pennsylvania will be going !

13. Elmo Rodge

Elmo Rodge

Bob, I'll just be getting back from driving a Model T across Alaska. I want to water the lawn and brush my teeth before I head out for Speed Week. Wayno

14. ratstar

ratstar

LOL yes please stop to brush your teeth!

15. mad-cad

mad-cad

Our bunch of funnytalkers will be there,3 maybe 4 of us.Is there room to get our little red camper turned around?:D

Cheers
    Tim

Attached Files:

16. ratstar

ratstar

Theres plenty of room to turn that little thing around. Heck you could probably do a few donuts on my street with it!

17. ratstar

ratstar

Anyone else up for it?

18. Sorry to change the subject, heard on the news there is a fairly large wildfire outside of Grantsville. Is it close to you?
    Just want to make sure your not in harms way!

Mick

19. Any directions for those of us coming from the west?

20. And now I'm starting to get excited. This sounds like a real blast.

21. My third trip to the Grand Canyon I gave a guided tour to a fellow who had lived only 25 miles away all his life and never visited. he couldn't believe I'd been there three times from 25,000 miles away. Life's weird huh?

22. You do? I guess you haven't seen an Australian eat.... yet.

23. ratstar

ratstar

Yes we did have a large wildfire but our boys held it back away from the city. Then the BLM boys decided it hadnt burned enough so they failed to put it out AFTER our guys had reduced it to a small campfire!

Directions from the West? Coming right up!

24. ratstar

ratstar

Get on I-80 E toward SALT LAKE.

Take EXIT 88 toward GRANTSVILLE.

Turn RIGHT onto BURMESTER RD.

Turn LEFT onto E NORTH ST.

Turn RIGHT onto KEARL ST.

Turn LEFT onto UT-138 / E MAIN ST.

Turn RIGHT onto WORTHINGTON ST

Look for the HAMB friendly driveway

25. tred

tred

i, unfortunately, cannot make the 9th, but i'll be out on the salt that weekend!

see you there, bob k!

26. Ol Blue

Ol Blue
    from In

Ratstar, what time does this shindig start? My plane arrives in SLC around 1pm and I'll rent a car and head out then.
    Thanks for the hospitality.
    Ol Blue

27. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Count on Me, ChevyGirlRox, OldBobSign, and Ralfs56 all in attendance. There might be a few more that we will be traveling with from the RRT that might decide to stop as well. I will let you know.

Can you type out written directions from the EAST just like you just did from the WEST....those little maps kinda suck.:rolleyes: I'm pretty good with just turn right on such and such street and left on such and such blah blah blah.:D

Thanks so much for having us all over. Sure am looking forward to meeting you and your little boys.:cool:

28. 39sledge

39sledge

we will try to make it of course we are following clark so who knows whats gonna happen.

29. patina steve

patina steve

<HR style="COLOR: #999999" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title -->Kinda new to the HAMB, have only posted a few times but have been a voyeur a bunch, great stuff. I will be taking the 32 Roadster to the Salt for it's initiation and should be pass-in through Thursday night, would love to stop by and meet some of the guys on the HAMB. Hope that is not to forward. Will be there, I realy look forward to it ! Thanks Steve

30. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Yep, yep and yep. Looking forward to meeting you and your little ones. How big are they now? What size (clothes months wise)?

BTTT
    We are going to have such a great time!:D