Register now to get rid of these ads!

If you were to buy a newer vehicle, what would it be?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by independentcustoms, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

The only late model car out there worth buying would be a 05 and up mustang GT,everything else has too many doors or is a POS FWD. Dont need a truck as my 66 F250 camper special will haul more then any new truck and dont have to worry about scratching it.

2. 067chevy

067chevy

It would have to be a Ford Truck,maybe F-150 or 250. But all the new ones cost way to much. I would buy something with less than 100,000 on it. I got 200,000 on my 97 F-150 4x4 I bought new and has benn the best vehicle I have ever owned. No break downs ever.

3. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

The RWD chrysler 300 and dodge magnum are neat but too many doors for a single guy with no kids.

4. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

I'd buy a new '08 Lincoln MKX for my wife, she wants one and for me I want to buy my friend's '79 Dodge shortbed Slant 6/ 3 speed as my daily driver (great gas mileage) even though it doesn't fit with the H.A.M.B.

Attached Files:

5. Chuck-A-Burger Ryan

Chuck-A-Burger Ryan

???

Just bought an '04 G.T.O 350 h.p. stock. '05 and '06's 400 h.p. stock. 2 doors, RWD.

New Mustang GT's are lame compared to these.

My .02

6. This is the GAYEST post EVER!!! Why are we discussing this? Who here would buy a new vehicle? Oh yeah, let's spend $30,000 on a new car when we can buy a perfectly good $4,000 car and spend the rest of the cash on our old rusty tin and stuff that doesn't drop in value $100 a day. If I bought a new vehicle, my garage wouldn't have $100,000 worth of old iron in it and my tools would all be from Walmart.....do I need to rant about car payments? Why is this post still open? Can we get back to talking about stuff that matters?
    How about all you that want to keep talking about this move the thread to this forum:
    http://www.gaypeoplewithpets.co.uk/forum/index.php

Lil' Billy likes this.
  7. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

in the interest of gayness:

I have an '05 chevy silverado. love the practicality factor. Downside is the mileage and the intermediate steering shaft has gone out twice. It creates a knocking sound/ feel when going over bumps. Also, the water pump died at 33,000 miles. All fixed under warrantee. Not sure if I want to keep it.

My wife has an '02 VW golf TDI. Bitchin little car with 48 mpg.

If I ditch the truck, I'd like to get a first gen BMW z3 coupe or better yet an M coupe.

8. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

believe it or not there are a ton of gold chainers here disguising themselves as Joe Schmoes...:)

9. McKee

McKee

Or a new Alfa 8C,...if they ever come to North America!

Attached Files:

10. George G

George G

Just bought a 2005 Nissan Titan with 8000 miles fully loaded. Damn nice!

11. Go to a different post. It's that simple. I wanted a Hot Rodders oppinion on a newer vehicle and judging by the amount of pages this post has gone plenty of people would buy a new car. I own plenty of old iron, and yet I still would like a very reliable newer vehicle since my entire world does not revolve around pre 1964 vehicles. And if you are implying that someone that buys or owns a newer vehicle couldn't possibly be a true hot rodder, well I beg to differ. Now I probably only personally know one person that replied to this topic, but that one person knows and lives cars/hot rods/customs as much as if not more than anyone on this entire board. You think Ryan, the owner of this fine site doesn't drive something newer? Or do you think he goes to work every day in 1930's iron? Are you saying that man is gay?

12. I know I'm a straight up homo for doing this, at least according to the expert on gayness, but I purchased a 2006 Magnum R/T this afternoon. Brand spankin new, but I didn't pay anywhere near new car price.

13. DIRTYT

DIRTYT
    from Warren,MI

Becuase sooner or later taking time from your projects to fix your cheap dailys starts to suck. and the only reason i got a new truck is cause i get way to get of a deal to pass up. So call me gay but i got a fucking warrenty and its sweet. :D :p

14. garvinzoom

garvinzoom

[​IMG]Oh please, please burn that ugly ass cap if you buy this truck. I like those Dodge trucks, drive nice and plenty of room for a standard cab.

Oh, if you dont like to talk about some new cars and trucks dont post in this thread. Dont be an asshat.

15. Lil' Billy

Lil' Billy
    from Georgia

Here Here to the new king of gayness!!! Let his opinion rain down from the sky and be ignored just as quickly.:D:p

16. garvinzoom

garvinzoom

There is only one logical explanation for you having found the site in that link.

17. draggin'GTO

draggin'GTO

Since I like Pontiacs, I bought the last of the F-bodies back in October '01. It's an automatic '02 WS6 ragtop. She runs in the 13.40s without even breaking a sweat, all bone-stock.

[​IMG]

Bought this '06 Civic last year, the one and only reason being I wanted a car that gets stellar gas mileage for work and traveling. It pulls down 30 to 32 in the city on my work commute, and averaged 41 on a 7,000+ mile vacation trip while touring the good ol' US of A.

It's a 2700# car with a 140HP 1.8 4-banger, it does damn good and the wife likes it. I'm ready for $5 gas, fuck it.

[​IMG]

18. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Crown Victoria! For many reasons, HEMI Chargers, and any American 1/2 Ton SHORTBED truck my opinion

19. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

The Dodge shell or cap as it's called here will go for sure. We were on a road trip from Salmon, Idaho to Sandhallow, Idaho to attend a traditional run with a line of Trad Rods and the Dodge was a tool/parts truck plus it doubled as a sleeping quaters over the week-end for a couple guys.
    I plan on a white tonneau cover and a new paint job split manifold with glasspax. The shell will be kept but it will be painted and up-dated somewhat and used only when necessary.

20. kopis

kopis

A chevy truck 1500 xtra cab, short bed

21. superjunkman

superjunkman
    from Austin, TX

An AWD Hemi Magnum.

22. I've seen the WS6's at the track and I was very impressed with the times they were pullin.

23. I am surprised the honda/toyota owners arent getting flamed so I'll own up. I am so done with new cars, especially domestic. I just bought a Saturn Relay for my wife and it is turing out to be the biggest single mistake of my life so far. Brakes squeal, dealer says there is nothing they can do (they all do that) It runs really rough intermittantly ( dealer says "oh yeah we get a lot of those complaint with these) Trans acts like it is slipping (dealer says "can't seem to get it to do it for us) The car has 20,000 miles and I am counting the days to be able to ditch it for an Oddesey. My daily driver is a 99 civic with 110,000 miles on it, bought it with 24,000 miles. So far only oil fluid changes, a couple of batteries (first replacement was an autozone special) and regular maintenance. I am even still rolling on it's original brake pads and shoes. I hope to get 250,000 out of it. Maybe build me an early falcon daily driver after that.

SEPT2007 127.JPG

Oh and I also own a 51 and 52 buick roadmaster and a 93 f150.

24. InPrimer

InPrimer

Cliffy, you made some valid points about car payments and depreciation, but by labeling "gay" on a subject sounds like you need some education on adjectives. I see that you are 30 something. I would like to bring you back to my generation when I used to push start my 55, 'cause I couldn't afford a rebuilt starter. You will see things in a different light when you get older. I'm way past the "macho" stage. Try living in Az in the summer without all the comforts of today's vehicles. I'm glad for what your beliefs are but just don't label things " gay" because that is the dumbest thing you can say, try a new word will ya? PS I don't care what anyone's sexual preferance is, just sick of hearing that expression

25. I Drag

I Drag

I been watching this post for a couple of days to get some ideas, since my daily is wearing out (2000 Intrepid, 140k/mi). I am so uninspired by any newer car that I literally don't know what to get.

God bless all of you that are into the new "musclecars" or whatever. I cant see blowing that kind of cash on a car.

To me a big splurge is the $15k used Subaru Forresters I've been looking at.

Damn.

26. Redneck Smooth

Redneck Smooth
    from Cincinnati

The cheapest truck I could find and I would pay cash. Those 'hot rodders' who bitch about not being able to afford to build anything while paying $600/month on a HD-edition F150 crack me up...

27. Silent_Orchestra

Silent_Orchestra
    BANNED
    from Omaha, NE

Newest things i have are '94 chevy 1500 2wd 5.7L, and '80 Cutlass, love booth. New cars i would like a 06 or 7 Dodge 3500 Single Wheel Diesel 4wd like my dads or if dodge ever comes out with the new challenger.

28. Dan Warner

Dan Warner
    from so cal

My wife bought me a 2005 Colorado 4DR, I5, loaded for my 65th. Been to Bonneville twice since I got it in Aug. Runs, rides great. Sirius radio, it's all I need for a daily driver.

DW

29. I see you are from Rochester, and you spend your summers in Az. Does that mean you spend your winters in Rochester? I live in Rochester and winters here suck!I would much rather spend the summer in Rochester and the winter in Az.

30. I agree with you about newer cars being very uninspiring. My problem is if I don't 100% love the damn thing I won't want it in 2 months. Out of all the cars I test drove, the Magnum did it for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.