Register now to get rid of these ads!

If you were to buy a newer vehicle, what would it be?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by independentcustoms, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A low mileage, dependable pickup truck.

2. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'd replace my 1998 Ford E-350 with one that was 2 years old. If I could afford to just buy something totally out of my league I'd buy a Mini Cooper or an Audi TT Coupe.

3. I'm pretty sure 08 is the last year for it

4. Gigantor

Gigantor

You and I are on the same page. My 01 Tacoma is showing it's age, but considering I regularly beat on it and only have 90,000 miles on it, I probably wont have to trade up for another 10 years.:D
    Sweet truck Dude.

5. RopeSeals???

RopeSeals???

6. jonny o

jonny o

As an Ohio guy, I've fallen for the Subaru daily-driver bug. My '96 Impreza is the newest car i've owned.

No matter what you are driving on: downshift and stab the throttle, point the wheel and it goes there!

7. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

The Panels are at the dealer, neatest thing they've done....

8. LUKESTER

LUKESTER

VW Passat or Jetta TDI..... running on heating oil.....

9. Apparently Im the only German car fan that will admit it. (Edit; Lukester posted while I was typing)
    I just traded my 01 Audi S4 for an 07 335i BMW
    - 300hp twin turbo I6
    - 13.2 @103 quarter mile times

I have a 59 ElCamino to use as a truck.

10. shpotty

shpotty
    from New Jersey

I'm on my second first generation Jeep Grand Cherokee. My first one, a '94 with Quadra-Trac got up over 300,000 miles before an out of state driver made a right turn from the center lane and killed it.

My current Grand Cherokee is a '97 with Select-Trac. It's got 155,000 miles on it and is as reliable as an anvil. Both Jeeps came with the 4-liter straight six, automatic transmission and power everything. The current one also has the trailering package and four-wheel disc brakes. I drive 100 miles a day of 95% highway driving and it get's between 19 and 20 MPG when driven reasonably.

If money wasn't the entire issue, I'd look at a new GMC 2500HD.

11. stillkruzn

stillkruzn
    from Conway, AR

I am wanting either a F250 SuperDuty or Dodge 2500 Cummins...

12. Al Von

Al Von

drool, slobber, pant.....add a six-speed and i'll be happy!

13. fish3495

fish3495

Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT

14. Al Von

Al Von

A Magnum wagon or a Mercury Marauder. I love big cars.

15. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

A new Mustang ... RED ...

Never bought a new Ford ( or any Mustang ) but I really like the new Mustangs. I have too many licensed and insured cars/trucks already ... so no new Mustang for me ... but I do really like them.

[​IMG]

16. Suave's Buick

Suave's Buick

What are your thoughts on the Magnum? You dig it, or what? That's what I have been looking for, test drove a few, been trying to find a good deal on one.[/quote]

That's what I drive a 2006 Magnum... and I love it...:)
    It's not the Hemmi (because i wanted better gas milage), it has the 3.5l six cylider.

17. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

I currently drive a 04 Tacoma and I love it, but if I had the money I would drive a real truck

Attached Files:

18. chevnut

chevnut
    from Corona, Ca

I bought a new Tacoma last year because of gas prices\commute. I love that it maintains itself:) .

If I had the cash, I'm another for the big trucks for hauling stuff. I have had my eye on a Dodge MegaCab with the Cummins Diesel but will probably end up with a DuraMax.

19. Gas Huffer

Gas Huffer

I'm pretty happy with the wife's Excursion (except the 10.5 mpg). Too bad Ford stopped making them in favor of the Expedition XL. To me the XL is so inproportionate.

We've got a 6" lift and some of the modern conveiniences that my truck doesn't have (wipers, heater, defroster, stereo, DVD player...). Plus, I don't have to worry about her truck breaking on her like mine might.

Attached Files:

20. punkrockpatrick

punkrockpatrick

money as no object and a new car 2005 Ferrari 575mGTC
    conned my way in to driving one about a year back and well there really isnt anything like it.
    now back in reality think id get the new dodge 2500 with the cummins and find something to haul. (thank god for company vehicles and not having to worry about gas)

21. spudshaft

spudshaft

Either another f-150 4X4 or a new Dodge Power Wagon

22. 34toddster

34toddster
    from Missouri

I bought an 06 Chevy 2500 Diesel with most of the bells and whistles put 5000 miles on it in a year, hate it ,you wanna buy it, all the BS about the great fuel milleage is just that BS.:eek:

23. metalshapes

metalshapes

A new Mallock Mk35.

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/mallock/

Edit.

Front Engine, Rear Wheel Drive, Live Rear Axle, Good Aerodynamics, Modern Performance.

Gradually evolved from the First U2 built in '59.

As far as I know, the only Factory built Front Engined Roadster type Racecar you can buy brand new...

Attached Files:

24. Sawracer

Sawracer
    from socal

I just bought a new GMC quad cab pickup. I think a ZO6, or maybe a new camaro if I was looking to buy again. The new GM muscle is seriously badass. God Bless America.

25. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

I like my 2007 HHR, it looks cool parked with the 50 Burb! I bought it because I wanted it, it wasn't a compromise decision.

Now, if we're gonna fantasize, Some of those Bentleys come to mind

26. McKee

McKee

I'm thinking of a new HHR Panel for business,....anyone have any personal experience with an HHR,...any suggestions/recomendations?

Attached Files:

27. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Superformance Cobra Daytona Coupe.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I sure like redheads....

29. InPrimer

InPrimer

Just bought a 04 Caddy SRX, looks like a shoebox with sharp edges, a crossover they call it . Its got a Northstar V8 , 5 sp auto 18" wheels and gets 20mph a big plus is navigation on the dash It has all wheel drive, airbags all over the place. I know its not the type of car here on the HAMB , but its Bitchin' ride and being 60 yrs old I don't care what others think. A new one goes for 47K got this for 21k and has only 24,000 miles on it. I drive an 05 Dodge Dakota and my toy a 37 chevy. Keeps the wife happy

30. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

i drive a 97 honda civic with dents in it.. 135k miles, NEVER EVER breaks, 35 mpg, and i can carry SOME shit in it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.