Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Identify these wheels???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dharlett, May 16, 2018.

1. dharlett

dharlett
    from SE Ohio

The center caps screw on from behind and the wheels have locking lug nuts. My mechanic friend has a key to the locked lug nuts. I'll try to get the wheel off this week and look for any markings on the center cap and wheel and post them here.

2. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Bring up images of a 84 or so full sized Mercury and see what you think

3. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Is that car in a little town off 13? I saw one there when I was home in November, cruising around with my mom, who was born and raised there. There used to be a nice Mercury wagon there about 20 years ago. Several relatives were in the mine explosion, some survived and some did not. Wish I could help on the wheels...

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  4. slowmotion

slowmotion

My first guess too.
    The early to mid 80s 'metric' T-birds & Cougars, Marquis, etc, had a very similar wheel, but after a search, I don't think so.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  5. Close but no cigar.

6. rjones35

rjones35

I still think they're aftermarket. Mainly because it appears, and I could be wrong, but it appears it takes a shanked lug with a washer and that doesn't seem very OEM to me. Like I said, could be wrong. Hopefully there is a name or something on the inside!!

dharlett likes this.
  7. jerry7702

jerry7702
    from fla

could be olds starfire????

8. dharlett

dharlett
    from SE Ohio

Your Classic Car radar is spot on!!! I've had a 1959 Mercury Wagon, a '57 Packard Clipper, 2 '49 Fords, a '1951 Ford Victoria and a dozen or so other cars sitting out next to my garage in the past 20 years at one time or another. I do live in a town know for the worst mine explosion in Ohio.

9. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

If that doesn't pan out you can usually pound a socket over the locking lug nut tight enough to remove it.

10. dharlett

dharlett
    from SE Ohio

Mystery solved!
    I was able to get the locked nut off and remove the wheel. There was a sticker on the inside of the wheel that was surprisingly quite legible. They are indeed aftermarket wheels from a company called Hallmark Wheel. Googling Hallmark Wheel doesn't turn up much so I doubt I will every find a replacement for the 4th wheel. But who knows....Maybe someone else in need of the same wheels will google Hallmark Wheel and find this post and I can sell them the 3 i have :)

Thanks everyone for your guesses. I was hoping for a quick easy answer, but had to roll my sleeves up and get dirty anyway.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

rjones35, 302GMC, Bleach and 4 others like this.
  11. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Be sending you a pm

12. rjones35

rjones35

Thank goodness, I was wearing out my typing fingers googling!!