Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ideas? Theme? Car show display

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by canucktruck, Jan 19, 2013.

1. canucktruck

canucktruck

Our truck club is entering 4-5 trucks in a local car show in March. Looking for an idea for a theme thats easy and appealing. Was thinking about setting it up like a photoshoot.

Anything have any ideas that I could borrow without getting too much work into or too complicated? Pics would be great too!

Trucks are 27 T pickup, 32 Ford pickup, 56 Ford, and maybe 61 Unibody.

2. As the President of our local car club, I entered a World of Wheels indoor show last spring and used the theme of a 1960's A&W Root Beer Drive In to represent our club. You could do a similar theme with the line of "customer's" trucks. FWIW, I actually won the "Best Display" trophy and $100. It was also featured in the local news media (newpaper and tv coverage), so everyone seemed to enjoy the theme of "Having fun in '61". We had a small table in the space at the rear of the car to talk to folks and distribute car show and cruise-In fliers. We actually recruited a couple of new members at that show.

This year our club members are bringing four cars from the late 1960's and doing a "Used Car Lot" theme with vintage signage and triangle pennant streamers. Should be fun!

Jim

Attached Files:

3. 1931modela

1931modela
    from montana

Yup, drive up diner.

4. I don't like displays. When I go to a car show I like to look at cars.

5. brad chevy

brad chevy

The evolution of the Ford trucks,plain and simple and you have some very different models to work with.

6. This is what came to mind for me.

7. Big_John

Big_John
    from Upstate NY

I was involved in a club that did a display. We did a beach theme once, that was easy... a little sand and beach balls. Called the display "Life's a beach". Did another one that was a drive-in. That was another easy one. Tried to do a hillbilly theme once, that kind of flopped due to lack of time, but we did try to build a still etc.

Make the display add to the vehicles, not overwhelm or take away from them. Done right, it adds some fun for everyone involved. One other thing, use the space provided to move the vehicles around. Don't just park them in rows... a little imagination goes a long way.

8. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

The display should include many scantily clad babes. Please post pix.

9. FANTM58

FANTM58

Lots of wispy cotton and glitter , throw in some mirrors and that will be sweet !!!

10. You definitely need to keep things uncluttered in order to keep the vehicles as the focus of the display - most of us hate to peer around a lot of "stuff" just to see the car/truck being shown.

How about angle parking them up to a mocked-up curb and sidewalk with some parking meters? The meters should be easy to do with some PVC, cardboard and silver paint... You could even take it a step further with some "no parking", "bus stop" etc. signage to add some humour.

Whatever you decide, show us some pics! ;)

-Dave