Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs ID this 35/36' Ford trim

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kirk Hanning, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

IMG_7526.JPG IMG_7525.JPG I recently acquired a box of parts that has been sitting in an attic since 68'. It had parts in it from when the gentleman had a 36' 3w back in the 60's. To my surprise it contained the door garnish and these 2 pieces of trim which I'm trying to identify. Any help is appreciated.

2. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Those moldings went just below the door / window garnish moldings on the Deluxe models. The Standards did not have them. They were used only on the '36 Fords, not the '35.
    Also, there were two different lengths used - 3w, 5w coupes, Tudor and Fordor. Sorry, I don't know the lengths for each offhand, but I can check my 3w and tell you what the length is on that one, if you'd like. I'd run out to the shop now, but it's still snowing and too damn cold !! Let me know.
    -Bob

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    RODIST likes this.
  3. eberhama

eberhama

Yep..they look like 3 window/tudor length ones to me.

4. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

OK, the hell with the snow - I went out and measured the ones on my 3w coupe and they're 25" long, so the Tudor should also be 25", as both of them had 40" wide doors.

The doors on the 5w coupe & the Fordor were about 6" narrower, so the garnish would be correspondingly shorter.

Hope that helps,
    -Bob

5. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

Thank you Bob! I appreciate your effort!! With the other trim pieces being off of a 3w I'm confident that these are off the same 3w as the measurements match what your saying.
    You guys are the best!!

6. those have got to be somewhat rare?