Register now to get rid of these ads!

History ID these parts and date them please.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kiwijeff, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Today i called into my mate Jimmys Musem. He closing it down, so he was moving stuff about and generally just muckin around. I got to looking around, and the next thing, hes giving me old car junk. I figured id show it off here, and see if you fellas could ID the stuff im not sure on, and date the other stuff. :) I'll bang the pics up, and let you all have at it. Thanks, Jeff.

Attached Files:

2. He thought the gauge panel was Essex. No idea about the pot metal car. Heres a few caps, two wheel, and two radiator.

Attached Files:

3. Sorry, my wife doesn't let me date, but it looks like Jimmy's got a lot of cool stuff.

4. The instruments are from a 1928 Studebaker President....
    The race car is an Arcade toy racer.
    The Chevrolet hubcap is about 1926.
    The winged radiator cap is an aftermarket replacement or accessory (1920s).
    The Oldsmobile hubcap is about 1924.
    The cap with the hole in it looks similar to a 1928-29 Ford A cap with a hole for a moto-meter.

How'd I do??

Is that all you got?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
    kiwijeff likes this.

5. 31Dodger, when i saw you had replied, i knew i was going to get some good info. Thanks, you did better than me. I thought the Chevy cap to be around 26, but had no idea on anything else. I also got a cool light, that i'll post up soon, and heaps of cheap model cars, and some sort of Porsche alcohol thing. Dont know if i should show that. :D

6. Heres the last of the old stuff. The other model cars are modern junk like Vipers, Lambos etc. The post card pic is of an old gas station in Carterton, New Zealand. Mid 60s.

Attached Files:

7. Im going to garnet blast the light casing, paint it, and mount it in my 29 Hudson. I've been looking for a slim interiour light for some time now. Keen to find out more about this :)

8. It's a very cool light. It will be great in the Hudson!

9. luke13

luke13

i think that toy car maybe a knockoff, made by funho in taranaki, but i could be wrong.

10. If you are referring to the turquoise item that I posted, you could be correct, but I believe it is modeled after the Arcade original.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  11. luke13

luke13

i was refern to jeffs one, mainly. looking at the wheels they look like funho, but someone couldve put those on after the originals fell off maybe. my reasoning being that we didnt get much in the way of american stuff over here back in the day and what little that did make it over was usually copyed by a local manufacter. copyrite laws were ignored over here cause we were considered to small and to far away to bother with.

12. luke13

luke13

did you grab the bsa bantam in that was hiding in the corner?

13. Thanks 31Dodger. Luke, you proberbly are correct, it was dug up out of someones garden. The BSA belongs to someone, and is there on loan. Did anyone notice the totally wooden steering wheel behind the bike? I've no idea what its off. Theres a model T, and model A heads behind the wheel.

14. A couple more pics. The side i didnt show. :D also this other thing that has plastic hub caps, looks like a cheap modern thing.

Attached Files:

15. Yep....saw the wood steering wheel. Looks a lot like the one that came on my original 1926 Chrysler.

16. Called down to Jimmys to take a few pics, and there was a club from Westport, Buller Rodders, down for a look. Took a few pics. Didnt check em out, im just going to bang em up, so hope they ok:)

Attached Files:

17. Some more...

Attached Files:

18. Im banging up a few pics of the Stude dash, for another Hamber. This cool item may have a new home. Rather see it go to someone who will use it, than sit on my shelf :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  19. luke13

luke13

i belive funho is still making those little open wheelers.

20. Thanks Luke, i will google them for a look. :)