Register now to get rid of these ads!

History ID cars ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CapeCodBob, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Looks like about a 1962 Comet wagon to me and maybe a 1950 Dodge with a ram on the hood.

dan c and Hnstray like this.
  2. manyolcars

manyolcars

49 or 50 Ford on the left. The door handles look like 49

3. At 1st I thought 61 chebbby but after looking closer maybe a 59 Buick. DeSoto i think on the hood ornament.

4. NOT DeSoto. Still thinking 1950 1950 Dodge ram hood ornament.jpg Dodge....

5. DeSoto has Hernando's head on it. VERY different than the Dodge ornament.... 1950 DeSoto ornament.jpg

6. Canuck

Canuck

49 Ford (pull out door handles)
    50's Dodge
    59 Buick wagon (V fins and large round tail light)

Canuck

7. Sorry about the i.d. on the wagon...looked smaller than a Buick, but now i see the similarities.

8. The wagon (?) is tough; note that it appears to be signaling a left turn and there's two lights on the left side....

CapeCodBob and Hnstray like this.
  9. Guess my eyes are bad, the shoebox door handles look like pushbutton to me......

10. aaggie

aaggie

'50 or '51 Dodge. It looks like it has a visor over the windshield if the camera was held out the passenger window slightly down.

11. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

I agree.......your eyes are bad....:D

Ray

12. I was wondering that also.
    As for the Dodge I will have to agree is most likely a Dodge. The Ford is 49-51 ,I would not be sure without comparing.
    Thanks guyys. FYI ythat is a shot on the southeast xway heading south out of Boston shortl after opening and before the creation of a breakdown lane.

13. 1962 chevy wagon is close 62 chevy.jpg

14. vintagetinman

vintagetinman

15. vintagetinman

vintagetinman

1960 buick lesabre wagon

16. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

^^^^^^^. I think you got it! I expanded the original pic on my iPad screen and could see the taillights and bumper better than regular size. The '59 Buick you posted is, detail for detail, a match.

Ray

CapeCodBob likes this.
  17. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

it does look like a buick, but the bumper is different. here's a comet-- Scan0020.jpg

18. 1963 Comet has the bump up in the center of the rear bumper.... 1963 Comet.jpg

CapeCodBob likes this.
  19. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

In the original photo posted the left side does look like two lights, but in the enlargement of that photo it is clear there are not two lights per side. Both sides have a single round light, the chrome molding the full width of the tailgate, a round emblem in upper middle of the gate and the raised portion of the bumper center..........ALL an excellent match for the '59 Buick wagon shown in the link in post #18, NOT the same as the '60 Buick wagon in post #16.

As for the Ford pictured to the left of the photo, it absolutely has the pivoting door handles used only on '49 models, not the push button style used in '50 and '51. The push button, were it there, would be clearly visible in the photo as it is below the main handle, not in the end of the handle like GM's of that period. In addition the hub caps are '49/'50 items, not '51.

Ray

21. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

hnstray--wonder if the car in the original pic had one of those "safety" bumpers. had a buddy build a 409 bubbletop '62 chevy and he used one-piece "california" bumpers on it.