Register now to get rid of these ads!

I was tempted today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by willysgasser40, Sep 30, 2012.

1. willysgasser40

willysgasser40
    from Illinois

I person has been bothering me on & off for years to sell him my 1940 Willys Coupe project ,I almost buckled in but I don't like this person, but the cash looked real good ! My wife said no , keep the Coupe she sees how happy that old car makes me ,How much would it take to buy your car ? There are photos of my car on hamb page willysgasser40 what amount would you let it go for . LOL

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  2. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

Your wife is right.

3. belair

belair

Sounds like you have two keepers.

4. squirrel

squirrel

It would take $4000 to buy my 61 belair bubbletop project, and $7000 to buy my 57 suburban project. but the engine parts don't go with them.

I don't know how much it would take to buy my other stuff, they are mostly done and I like driving them. Those two just don't ever seem to get anywhere near getting finished.

5. Model T1

Model T1

You'd only spend the money! Keep the Willys and keep the wife. Good ones are hard to find. :)

6. willysgasser40

willysgasser40
    from Illinois

My wife has stuck with me 27 years & over 70 cars ! She is still a real blonde & as beautiful as ever & loves my Willys ;)
    :rolleyes:

7. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Let me tell ya from experience, it just depends on how hungry you get as to how little you will take for your baby.....

8. Paul

Paul
    Editor

a '33-'34 coupe body in almost any condition

9. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

If you love it and you don't need the money, then no amount of money should buy it. Unless of course it's stupid money!

10. The37Kid

The37Kid

Tough call, if the guy with the money rubs you the wrong way add at least $5,000 to the selling price. I think the market value if you have the fenders and hood is $30,000 or so. Bob

11. Not for any price unless it's the right person. There will always be other cars, but you'll regret the sale forever as long as you don't get along with the new owner.

12. GREASER815

GREASER815

Keep it, especially if you really dont like the guy who is after it. I'd just keep stringing him along with no intention to really sell it, that is if you truely dont like him, Then do burnouts in front of his house when you get it done.

13. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You're not the first who'd sooner sell a car to someone who's respectful and appreciates it...rather than to the pushy guy who leads with his pocketbook.

14. willysgasser40

willysgasser40
    from Illinois

He had the $ but is a pro-street tub it guy ! If it was a gasser guy with that much scratch ,who knows ?

15. willysgasser40

willysgasser40
    from Illinois

He is a paint it pastel tub it Mustang II it , He need a glass Willys not a Ex gasser !

16. Sound words.

17. No doubt,,both are keepers. HRP

18. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Sounds like you made the right call - on both the car and the wife!

19. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

sell it and you join the Club of "I Wish I Never Sold It".

20. (1) don't sell it to someone like you stated (Argh !)
    (2) The wife is a keeper
    (3) Keep the Willys !

21. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

What'd the guy say in that movie "They'll still be making money tomorrow."

If you can't stand the guy,you'll hate yourself more for giving into his desire?
    Keep the coupe.It's "money in the bank!"

Congrats for having a great wife.You've won life's lottery in a two-fold way?

22. willysgasser40

willysgasser40
    from Illinois

My Wife & The Willys ! Both Keepers !

Attached Files:

23. A friend of mine summed it up years ago when asked why he sold his cherry car. Money talks and Billy walks. When asked how much he got, he said way more than I thought that car was worth. Pat

24. willysgasser40

willysgasser40
    from Illinois

He came by today & talked to my wife ! I am tempted to sell it on ebay or to a "friend" just to bust his balls & trailer it past his house & tell him that I lost his number ! LOL

25. Man,I'm a club member!:D HRP

26. cayager

cayager

you will be seriously pissed off in a couple years when you go to get another ( because you know you will) and pay a bigger fortune for it. i hate to sell stuff. you always blow the money. then have no money and no car

27. flathead okie

flathead okie

Don't sell it,.................. unless you really really need to

28. cartman4gc

cartman4gc

Six years ago, I sold 3 fine hot rods and got talked into "investing" the money for "retirement".

The loot disappeared, the cars are still around, one just sold for double what i got.

DON'T SELL.

29. I sometimes daydream about selling my Willys coupe and making life easier. I'm not sure what kind of money it would bring in this economy. Not enough to make me do it. Stupid car is part of me now.

30. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Funny, I met a guy today who was down on his luck. Got layed off and has to sell his stuff. He's looking to sell a '68 Dodge Polara convertable. Sad thing is, he says he had it appraised for $35K and would have taken $8K.

I'd hate to be forced to have to sell my T. What price do you put on a dream come true? Maybe if i had another ride waiting to step into and that's a big maybe.

Finally getting a hot rod, getting into the coolness..... that's hard to step out of.