Register now to get rid of these ads!

i want to thank fab32

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by decayed40, Jan 3, 2008.

1. decayed40

decayed40

ive never really spoke to him but i did do a search on removing perch bolts to remove wishbones from a axle ,and his tip was right on!!! most on here probably wouldnt believe it but it took all of ten minunte and they were both off!!! me and lockwoodcustoms spend the better part of an afternoon in the past but fab32's tips were perfect for todays try thanks :D

2. brady1929

brady1929

could you share the tip for everyones benefit? or at leas mine.
    thanks

3. decayed40

decayed40

sure it was rather simple really,take the nut of the perch bolt,and use a small punch or 1/8 drill bit as i used and put just a small centering dimple in the end of the bolt,thread the nut back on 1/2 dozen threads or so, heat the axle in front of perch bolt get it as hot as you can ,mine was glowing a little,use a air chisle with a pointed tip in it place it in the centering hole you made and hit the throttle ,once it moves keep going till it falls out,its important to brace the axle up on both sides of the wishbone,and also the reason you threaded the nut back on is so you dont mushroom the threads if you do file em back so they will go through the hole ,you can also search this in the forums and get fab 32 version,good luck

4. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

Yea he gets lucky every once in a while :eek::D

5. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

You may have to wake him from his nap to thank him. Try February 2. He usually comes out to check his shadow then.

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

7. jdubbya

jdubbya

Hopefully some day you will get the pleasure of meeting Frank, he is a helluva guy, and a great source of information. He gets 2 thumbs up in my book.

BTW- Frank gave me $10.00 to say these kind words, how much did he pay you Denise? :D:D

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I get all his '32 parts and pieces in his will

9. Frank is good shit. Period. If the new-to-the-hobby folks and youngsters would listen to guys like him, the HAMB would be a better place..............."hint" Search fab32's posts.

Thanks Frank! We dig your input.

10. decayed40

decayed40

oh man i could have been paid!!!! well ill check with him after the 2nd of feb. and look into retoactive pay ,sounds like a great guy and the hamb is lucky to have him aboard,thanks guys and gals:)

11. lehr

lehr

Franks full of shit, it just happens to be good shit !

12. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

I had the pleasure of meeting him(finally) at the Hunnert. What a wealth of knowledge and very Humble...We should all be so lucky as to meet him...

13. They don't come any better than Frank....period.:)

14. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

Are you sure you have the right guy ;):D

15. decayed40

decayed40

well with all the kind words said for mr. frank whom ive never met, if any of you know him or speak to him let him know he has help someone out again!! and tell him thanks, cause this thread will probably go into the abiss before he sees it in feb. when he rolls over !

16. Lucky77

Lucky77

Had lunch with him and FuelPump yesterday. These guys are great resources when it comes to figuring this hot rod stuff out. I know my car wouldn't be as far as it is without their help.

17. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

On a Thursday....must be nice to be "old"....I mean retired :eek: :D

18. andysdeuce

andysdeuce
    Member Emeritus

fab32...Frank????:confused: I bet he is one of those GMB'S!!!!:p:D Frank is a good dude. I toured his shop a couple of years ago. If he don't have it...you don't need it. When you talk to Frank though YOU HAVE TO TALK LOUD!!!!:D

19. Yeah Frank's cool in my book thats for sure.

20. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I named my first born after him. I'm pretty sure Frankie has dibs on his parts stash whenever she needs something.
    He is a helluva a guy. I'm lucky to have him as a friend.

21. Donzie

Donzie

I've known Frank for a long time, kinda in 2 life times you might say.
    If there's something you really need done he's there to help.
    And knowledgable? Holy crap. And parts....don't get me started.
    Him and his wife Sharon are 2 of the nicest people you'll meet.
    And yes, he is a little hard of hearing. If I go with him for a long drive I'm hoarse by the time I get home (maybe that's I talk too much).
    Frank, you are one of a kind.
    I too thank you for all you've done.

PS: Can I buy those Lancer hub caps back?

22. Frank is the best;end of story.Now can I con you out of your sedan Frank?:D