Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest I want to read about Hamb Andy - Links please?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rickybop, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I just picked up on this thread. I have read through several others about Andy. I am overwhelmed. What an outstanding young man he must have been. These days it is rare to find someone so young that interested in the hobby.

You go to a car show or other event and the youngsters are bored to death walking around texting on their cell phones. What a waste.

What a pleasure it would have been to know Andy and see his enthusiasm. What a shame to have lost a real Hot Rodder.

2. Crap, got something in my eye.-MIKE

3. I found this in my photos this morning,,I apologize for not giving props for the striping work,,,I don't remember.:rolleyes: HRP

[​IMG]

4. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Awwww man...that's awesome.

Thanks HRP. Sure do appreciate your contributions to this thread.

5. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

That's just too cool. I bet he loved it.

6. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

This is an awesome thread. I'm going to have to get back to this as I'm about to head off to school..

But I've been spending a lot of time lately going through a lot of old threads on here and digging through all the old-timers thread history and reading up. Andy is one of the subjects that I was about to do some research on so this thread is going to help out a lot. I think Andy is one of, if not the best thing to happen on here.

A lot of guys went out of their way for this kid and that's one of the most amazing things I've ever seen HAMBers do.

7. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

The HAMBANDY threads should be required reading for all the new guys because the whole journey shows the true spirit of the HAMB. Its not just about traditional hot rods and customs.

8. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Wow. Hell of a story. Gives cause to pause and think...

9. fitzee

fitzee

Cool to see the interest in the story.. Andy made me look at life in a total different way. Have the chance to hang out with him and just do kids thing. Drag racing our quads on the rail bed!! Bugger bet me!! Lol.I'll never forget the first time I met him. It was a local Cruz night and I was talking with his father about different cars. Chris was tell me about a 59 dodge he was looking at when Andy which Must of been 10 or 11 piped up and said ....no dad it was a 58.. cause of the lights on it!! ... I stood there in amazement as a 11 year old kid new this info.. from there on he was not Chris son to me he was one of the boys!.. cool kid and I miss him dearly..

10. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

More than just interest, Fitzee...total awe. Hats off and a big bow to you, sir...and Andy.

"No dad, it was a '58...'cause of the lights on it."...............Wow.

Thank you for sharing and helping us to know Andy a little better.
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

11. movingviolation

movingviolation

Well, how kool is this that our HAMBANDY is always with us. I stopped by fitzees today and first words out of his chops was "You been on the HAMB? There is a thread about Andy!"

The world as we know it is a big bad ugly place...and the good in people is often over looked. BUT, NOT HERE! What started out as a simple jesture to make a little boys journey easier turned a bunch of hardass hot rodders into the kindest people on earth.

Andy was not just any kid folks... he knew hot rods, he knew what he liked and a minute or two into a conversation and you actually forgot he was a kid... I was lucky..as were the members and friends who had the chance to meet or hang with Andy. And to put a smirk or smile on some of the people who are only now reading of this fine young man...i'll share my little 2cents with you..

I met Andy at a SquidFest carshow...he was stuck to his dads side, then they stopped over to look at my 29... quietly Andy looked through it (you could tell he was thinking of how he could make it better..). We spoke... and later that day i tracked him down and gave him the show t-shirt we all got... The next thursday nite (A&W) his dad came to me and said...You gotta take him for a spin... (he was perfectly heathy at this time) he is driving me crazy to go for a drive with you. SO...downtown we went.... On the drive through the area with the bars, i see Andy checking out this pretty woman walking down the sidewalk! So knowing he was only a kid i pipe up and say..Andy, now what would ya do with that.... REPLY....I'll think of something!!!! He was a special young man.

The HAMB is a special place we use to be among hot rod friends. And you can never underestimate how powerful a friend can be....

12. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

Only found out about Andy a couple years ago. Then Read every thread i could find. Amazing kid.

13. I noticed on "My Classic Car" coverage of the "Targa Newfoundland", a mention of HAMBAndy, when they zoomed in on a HAMBAndy dash plaque during the car show portion of the episode. I was gued to the screen to see if the family might have had Andy's car there, but didn't see it.

14. never met Hambandy......helped the fundraising after he passed...i'll say what's been said already...hell of a kid to endure with the attitude he maintained....i think of him every march, odd part was he passed on the same day as my main man did that day.....so here's to the memory of my man, Toby, my king standard sher pei...and to Andy....like i said that day...the powers to be must of realised that a boy as cool as Andy needed a dog as cool as Toby for the road they walked that day.

Never forget that day...St Patrick day..........

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  15. fitzee

fitzee

yes and that truck was own by andys best friend and fishing buddy..Little Josh!!. great kid too and him and Andy were the best of buds.