Register now to get rid of these ads!

I thought I knew something--------------but I didnt!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scarliner, Nov 22, 2003.

1. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

I thought I was pretty good at identifying old cars and parts,but I came across this cool grille that I have some plans for,but its driven me sane cause I dont know what it is.I looked on E-WORLD cause everyone knows if its out there its on there--right?Wrong I cant find anything exactly like it.I muttered several things to myself,like looks like a 40 deluxe grille,but it aint that,then I went for 37 Lincoln,dont think so,now Im just muttering things like what the ;'[;]1# is this thing?All I can tell you is it came from an old home made looking custom,a,friend had.Can anyone out there in Hamberville cure my ills here?Ill be in the corner muttering to myself!Let the HAMB GODS speak!

Attached Files:

2. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

I'd venture late 30's DeSoto or Chrysler Imperial...however, that's just a guess on my part...looks can be deceiving.
    R-

3. HotRodDrummer

HotRodDrummer

international???38',39' 40'???

I have no idea.....good guess though??

POE

4. shoebox72

shoebox72

Yea, I'm gonna second the late 30's Chrysler vote. Probaly 37-38 Chrysler. Try Carnut, they may have a pic.

Billy

5. FORDY 6

FORDY 6

Late '30's International truck is probably a good guess, doesn't look like a passenger grill.

6. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

Thanks guys that gives me some good leads to check out.

7. Me and Scarliner were talking about this grill and I think it looks like [a 33 Desoto] that is in a mag I was looking at earlier today

8. Kustm52

Kustm52

Dammit, you got me on this one...spent waaay to much time last night trying to figure it out. Don't think it's a desoto either....here's why....a '33.
    [​IMG]

9. Hell!you're right- THAT is a lot taller than Reggies grill is.....

10. I thought I did too..thought it may be a 37 chrysler but....

Attached Files:

11. it's a little different...well, maybe a 37 chrysler airflow? it's a little different yet! I dunno, I give up

Attached Files:

12. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

Guys,I really appreciate all the work on your parts about this thing.I know its got to be something simple,but what the :<>"!* is it? It cant be all that rare,but yet I cant seem to find anything,just like it.The car it came off of was in a deep ditch,really rough and looked really wierd,kinda like a Johnny Cash car,like he sang about in that song of his!It looked like it might of had a carson style top at one time and it did have the door tops cut down in the area,you would lay your arm on.Wish that old car could Talk!Betcha that would be a cool story.Thanks for all your help and if anyone reads this and has any ideal of what it is-pleeeeeeze let me know.

13. DrJ

DrJ

Maybe it's Furrin like an Opel or sumpin like that?

14. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Can't be too late, It's got a crank hole in it.