Register now to get rid of these ads!

i need your opinions hambers...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tred, Nov 17, 2003.

1. tred

tred

this piece is actually cast, but has that billet look, is it stoopid, or should i use one on my car?

Attached Files:

2. tred

tred

oh shit, i almost forgot...

it's an air filter cover...

3. Scotch

Scotch

Opinion? The maltese cross is PLAYED OUT. Overdone. Everywhere...like American 5-spoke Torq Thrusts.

Fab up a cool teardrop unit of your own. Be different.

4. yea i'm with scotch, it looks cool, but it's played out. come up with somthing of your own

5. tred

tred

would it be dumb if i had an actual working roulette wheel?

just another idea i had, but it might be a bad one...

6. Bigums

Bigums
    from Lutz, FL

I hear swastikas are all the rage now (with VonDutch cast in the center). At least in Florida they are. [​IMG]

7. tred

tred

that black, jewish guy who changes my oil may not like it... [​IMG]

8. DrJ

DrJ

[ QUOTE ]
    I hear swastikas are all the rage now (with VonDutch cast in the center). At least in Florida they are. [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Watchout Bigums, or you'll get labeled an old stick in the mud!
    (why pick on mud anyway?)

9. DrJ

DrJ

[ QUOTE ]
    this piece is actually cast, but has that billet look, is it stoopid, or should i use one on my car?

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's on a "real" hotrod, if it's doesn't make it go faster, quicker or handle better, it's superfluous nonsense.
    Will the cross or the roulette wheel make it faster?

10. tred

tred

it's actually a sled more than a rod.
    the way i was raised was: if it don't go fast, chrome it [​IMG]!

11. Greezy

Greezy

Not only stupid but super GAY.
    A roulet wheel WTF?
    How about a real functioning air cleaner...This stuff of adding JUNK to your ride to be a little different is OVERPLAYED.
    And American 5 spokes will never be out of style.

12. tred

tred

yeah, i kinda thought that one might be gay... [​IMG]

13. the roulette wheel is a bad idea. it would be different but silly and juvenile looking. the time and money spent on that could go a long way on fabing somthing cool.

14. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Give it to the little lady to use as a jello mold. There's always room for jello! [​IMG]

15. tred

tred

ok, ok, last idea...

what if i fab up some sort of coffin shaped works, i have always toyed with the idea of a coffin shaped gas filler door, maybe a theme thing workin' here... ?

is it just the sleep deprivation talking now?

16. [ QUOTE ]
    maybe a theme thing workin' here... ?

[/ QUOTE ] Sounds like you've been watching too much American Chopper.

17. Greezy

Greezy

Ok you want some honest opinions post some pics of this sled, then maybe you can get some insight. But then again I wouldnt let anyone tell me how to make my car look cool. Its your ride man. Just a little friendly advise.

18. repoguy

repoguy

I think maybe you should get a custom air cleaner shaped as a grand piano, hang a chandelier on the hood & go with a "Liberace" theme.

19. How about a real sombrero, fiberglassed on the inside to keep it rigid, with dingle balls all around the rim. [​IMG]

20. Step away from the car and GET SOME SLEEP!!!

21. =mike=

=mike=

I think it is cheesy , but still kind of cool . I would have liked it 10 years ago thats for sure . The whole cross idea is a little old here & there , but that is actually a pretty cool aircleaner . If it is on a sled your hood will be closed most of the time anyhow , I say run it . you have it already , why not . the worse thing that could happen is you get sick of it and hang itup in your garage !

22. I think your new air cleaner should be an entire miniture community with houses, shops and streets! The tiny people could represent HAMBers. I'd like my little house and shop to be right next to the drag strip, ok?
    What are you talkin about, man? If it's a sled, the air cleaner should be a stocker 2 barrel [or even 1 barrel] air cleaner like God intended. If it's a hooded hot rod, it's gotta be a K&N for performance. Better yet, 2 or 3 K&N's....

23. DrJ

DrJ

A friend of mine in the Auto Butchers has a chopped candy red '49 Mercury. I've known him an his car for over a Decade and I have NEVER seen the car with the hood open. That's a Kustom.
    A "real" Kustom don't have the hood open unless it's parked on the side of the road, and then you just see two legs and a butt because it's gettin fixed.
    Shiny motor shit is for "Street Rods"

24. Make one like this:
    [​IMG]
    Then make all the dash knobs to match.

25. tred look man if you want opinions on your ride post a couple of picks. then everyone will know what your working with. it dosn't matter what it is. there are some really knowlegdeable customizers on here that can help point you in the right direction. they will help you with how to do things also. but the bottom line is there are no rules to customizing or hot rodding. so you can do what ever you want to do. but if you go outside the norm get ready for some ribbing.

26. [ QUOTE ]
    How about a real sombrero, fiberglassed on the inside to keep it rigid, with dingle balls all around the rim. [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so coool! It'll go with my Mexican Blanket seat covers that I bought from K-mart that Have a tag that says made in Indonesia!!! "I'll be one of them thar International Playboys in no time Uncle Jed!"

27. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Its your car, dont give a shit what others think, if you like it, put it on and be a man and tell everyone you like it. As for crosses and Americans being overdone, maybe, but they are classics that are here to stay...

If you have already bought it and dont want it I will give you $5 for it and put it on my garage wall or use it as a cake pan..

28. Put a round black stock breather on it-dare do be diffrnt! [​IMG]

29. Bugman

Bugman

How about a russian roulette air cleaner? Like every time you stomp on the gas, you get a pull?

-Bugman
    p.s. Don't actually try this, you or someone you know may get injured.