Register now to get rid of these ads!

I need to vent before I blow up!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CLSSY56, Apr 1, 2008.

1. CLSSY56

CLSSY56

My buddy bought a 65 rambler that was in pretty good shape a year ago for $200 (didn't run bud body was pretty solid and great interior). Well it sat in my driveway without him barely touching it. After a year he decides to put it up for sale. In the mean time he buys a 58 Edsel. This weekend we were thinking of getting that other 58 Edsel (see other post) but due to title issues, I decided to pass and not stretch my neck out for something I didn't know if it was clear or not. I tried to talk him into fixing the 4 door and sell the 2 door (which is a rust bucket, but he wanted the 4 door for parts, I can't make my money back on 4 door parts if he takes the best parts). Sunday evening he calls and tells me to move my truck cause he just sold the Rambler ( I thought cool, it's gone somebody will finally get it on the road). Well he sold it to a co-worker that sent it to the crusher :mad: for $50. I'm about ready to blow a gasket. Hell I could have sold it to the crusher for $150, but I'm not that kind of guy to destroy good steel. I'm so pissed that another good "clear title" car is gone, I've barely said two words to him since then.... I don't know why he couldn't talk to me about the rambler (knowing the other guy was crushing it). I wasn't that desperate to get it out of my yard, I've been kicking the idea around of buying it (even told him that).:mad::mad::mad:

2. fatcaddi

fatcaddi

i say teach him a lesson, dont help him with anything car related for as long as the rambler sat untouched in your driveway

3. CLSSY56

CLSSY56

I've helped him with the 76 scout he had, the 76 van he has, the 90s van he has, sold him my 98 Yota for a deal, helped him get the 58 edsel. I'm just really pissed that he pulls this shit. The only good thing now is that I can pour my concrete in my garage and a pad in front of it now.... but that's not the point.

4. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

I'd move that car so that THEY can't get to it.
    STUPID!

5. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

one way to be sure he doesnt do this to you again...dont go there ..when it comes to this guy

6. CLSSY56

CLSSY56

Dad did tell me friendships change once you once they start working for you... I don't think I'll hire another buddy.

7. CLSSY56

CLSSY56

I found out later it went to the crusher....:mad:

8. JC_32

JC_32

Why are you telling us to vent???? Tell that fool how you feel.

9. MIKE47

MIKE47
    from new jersey

Bud, I feel you. I had a buddy who got a model A sedan a few years ago. He had me come look at it with him. He asked me how to take it apart. He asked me how to chop the top. He asked me to weld it all back together. Then he sold it to someone else for $500 without even asking me if I was interested. I'd have given him much more and I would've sold it back to him for the same $$ when he got back on his feet. People do stupid shit. But yes, tell him about it so he knows he f'ed up.

10. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Sounds like you were able to see your friends true colors .I usually kick that type of friend out a few feet keep them on the outside .Life's to short to surround ourselves with jack asses .Get well soon

11. AstroMonkey

AstroMonkey

$50 seriously $50!? You wouldn't even have to do anything but slap a For Sale sign on it to get more than that and it wouldn't have went to a crusher. Hell list the damned thing on eBay and you'd get way more than $50.

12. Hey, I need a job :rolleyes: .....joe

13. CLSSY56

CLSSY56

We are always looking ... but I won't loose another buddy. Sorry Joe...
    Besides, your not a young buck anymore, since we do a lot of heavy lifting and work outside all year long.

14. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

I've had friends like that, they just use you for your free automotive help and labor but once you deny them that you will see what kind of friend they truly are.

15. One of my friends knows a guy who finds stuff like that. Well, he found a Ford AA truck with good doors, complete cab on it, for FREE just come get it. But he has no good way to haul it. Now he wants to trade it to my friend for some other car. Do you think he will tell my friend where it is so he can go get it? No.

The guy who had it got sick of waiting for someone to come get it and cut it into pieces with a sawzall so he could sell it for short iron scrap and that's that. Never mind that my friend would have still given him another car just for finding the damned thing. Never mind that the doors alone would have brought $100 each without too much trouble if they were as good as they were supposed to be.

I just have to kind of blink and wonder WTF is wrong with some people. This all happened last fall.

16. CLSSY56

CLSSY56

It's had one and had been on craigslist for $500 w/ a 318&auto. No bites... been up many many times. I had it on here too and nothing.

I still wouldn't have sent it to it's grave for a lousey $50.

I told his girlfriend (good friend of my wife's), "Hell my son has that in his piggy bank!" I was so mad that night I had to leave my own house, so my wife and my 2 boys went to go eat dinner.

17. f1 fred

f1 fred
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from mn

you gotta call him on it.
    sounds like communication breakdown.
    he probably realized he wasnt doing anything but taking up space in your yard and figured youd be happy it was gone
    tell him that its not cool to send em to the scrapper if the situation comes up again he knows where you stand and wont panic and do something that pisses you off and you will probably keep a friend

18. Section 8

Section 8
    from AZ

He's not your friend. He uses you.
    You were hoping it was more than that.

19. Kustomz

Kustomz

Don't let him store anything else in your yard. Sounds like he's just using you.

20. cooljerk

cooljerk

no one can screw you like your friends

21. CLSSY56

CLSSY56

22. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Well, it could've been slightly worse .............. for me it was my brother.

At least you have the option to dump a "friend", a relative you have to continue dealing with at some level.