Register now to get rid of these ads!

I need help with my master cylinder!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kuztomklaus, Feb 21, 2011.

1. I'm putting together a 1951 International for my wife and the stock mastercylinder is shot!
    A new one is near impossible to find and if I'm lucky enough to locate one, the price is out of the blue :(
    I managed to restore the wheel cylinders, so I figured that I'll change the Master Cylinder to a newer model and maybe even a dual chamber master cylinder.
    The stock master is 1 1/8" and I've found one from '76 - 80 GM Bendix M101267 also 1 1/8" from Cadillac, GM truck's and van's
    They have all a disc-drum setup, while the International have drum-drum setup.

Do anyone know if this setup will work fo the truck?.. Any input will be apreciated!

Klaus

2. V8 Bob

V8 Bob
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The disc/drum master will work fine in your IH, and is a better choice than a drum/drum master because there is no doubt which chamber goes to the fronts, and allows a future disc front upgrade without a master change. You'll have to add a 10 lb residual valve to the fronts (from the larger disc chamber) as modern factory OE disc brakes do not use residuals. Also check the rear brake port for an internal residual behind the tube seat, and add a 10 lb valve to the rears if necessary. Drum brake residuals were not needed and gone by the middle 70's.

3. Thanks a lot Bob you're the best!

Klaus