Register now to get rid of these ads!

i need help with my 56 ford f250

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kordd, Mar 22, 2012.

1. kordd

kordd

howdy fellas i just got a 56 ford f250. i need to know if i can use f100 suspension on it to soften the ride and so i can lower it. i also am having a hard time finding steel wheels that look stock for it too i want that traditional style but i dont want to swap out the rear end and the hubs if i can just get some wheels i hane been out to my local salvage and it seems they have some second gen f100s out there so i may have access to some parts. here are a few photos of the truck just for fun
    thanks kordd
    [​IMG]
    and one of my bike i have been building on
    [​IMG]

thanks kordd

2. Roger Walling

Roger Walling

I would start by removing a few spring leaves.

When you select your wheels. make sure that the hub cap "bumps" are the same.
    there are 3 bump and 4 bump wheels. They take different hubcaps.

3. willymakeit

willymakeit

On the front keep #1 the short one, remove #2,keep #3, remove #4 ,keep#5, remove #6, keep #7 and nd cut back. Check Mid Fifty page 156 in catalog.
    Taking the springs apart and grinding a taper on the ends so they slide over each other helps alot. I would put the poly sliders between the springs also.
    This is all for a F100 but there is no reason you couldnt do the same on a 250.
    Hope this helps.

4. Tinman

Tinman
    from Orange, CA

Are you still running the 8-lug hubs and axles? When you say you want the wheels to "look stock", do you really mean stock, or do you just want old steelies? 16"? 15"? Caps? Details dude... the devils in 'em.

5. I don't know if it is the same on a '56 but on my '64 F250(eight lug) I used later 16 inch van wheels......70's/80's.