Register now to get rid of these ads!

I need help on a1958 Yeoman 2dr wagon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gas Pump Kid, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Check the math, or else I'm a hell of a lot older than I've been told!:D

52 is what you were looking for!

chryslerfan55 and Jack Wagon like this.
  2. if that was closer i would be all over it! sdn del. windowed like that are few and the one i have come across of that vintage were florist delivery cars. good chance being a motorpool vehicle it was a 6cyl 3spd as that was the standard combo in sedan del. get more pic's and post them. if you can afford it and it's not overly rusty you can't lose.

chryslerfan55, X-2 and Jack Wagon like this.
  3. magsnubby

magsnubby
    from Fresno,Ca

Stole this from another board. To bad Chevrolet didn't make these. Kind of a family version of the American Graffiti Impala.

[​IMG]

Jack Wagon likes this.
  4. magsnubby

magsnubby
    from Fresno,Ca

Another cool wagon....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

^ rad!

X-2 and Jack Wagon like this.
  6. Django

Django
    from Chicago

A '58 Window Delivery! Wow! Somebody save it!!

7. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

So, did you get it?

8. jazzy51

jazzy51
    from sonora,ca

i have a 1958 2 door yeoman,i was going to build it,but things have changed,,its a roller and i would sell it for 3K,its all there and the body is very stright,has the 6cly and stick shift,has all the glass except for one side,the winsheild has a small crack on the very bottom,all the chrome and trim are in the wagon..3k is the bottom price because thats what i paid.bob

9. What do I think it's worth? As little as I can get away with.

I would offer 1500-2000 and if that didn't work I would walk away.

Currently on e-Bay for a comparison: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chev...Zp3286Q2em7QQcategoryZ6169QQitemZ120654119968

10. So, you get phucced and then you try phuc someone else while capitalist system crumbles? Bwaaa-hahahaahaaa!

You know it not worth that! Specumator, specialator, speculum, ah hell, capitalist pig!

Phuc me? No, phuc yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  11. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

what happened to this? did he buy it?

12. sololobo

sololobo

If you are looking for something besides the mass produced vehicles, this is it. 58 yoeman's ride is one of the coolest ever. These are quite rare as you know, and all two door wagons are in demand. I am a little obsessed with them, having three in the last few years. Super practical and handy vehicles and you will stand alone at most gatherings when other vehicles could be there in multiple numbers. Hope you get the rig, you won't be sorry. ~Sololobo~

13. Gas Pump Kid

Gas Pump Kid
    from KY

Sorry Guys, Havent read up on this discussion in some time. Yes the wagon is still there and unnoticed be the general public. I still have intentions of trying to pick it up but 1st things 1st. I just picked up a 55 Buick Roadmaster convertible that the previous owner had been doing an extensive restoration on and had purchased and disassembled 3 parts cars just before he passed away. Needing parts for my 55 Super Convertible, I had to act fast and buy everything as one lot for the family did not want to separate anything. I am currently waiting for warmer weather before I go get everything I bought and will soon have the Roadmaster for sale and will be working on getting it put back together to try and get better money. I have added the new addition to my for sale post of my super and would be willing to take $10,000 as it sits. Feel free to PM me if interested and for more details. I plan on posting it for sale once I get it home, clean it up, and get better pictures.[​IMG]

14. davidh73750

davidh73750

what happend to the yeoman wagon?

16. 58 Yeoman

58 Yeoman
    from Lacon, IL

Well...whatever became of the Yeoman? Did you resell the Buick? We've been waiting for 6 years.

17. Roar Spica

Roar Spica

Here are some photos of my Yeoman project I do have here in Norway. Outside paint it will be like in photos but all technical will be fixed. It has the original 283 and Powerglide. I am looking for a spare electrical wiper motor if some one has one to me.
    15817637_10211559262155817_582819543_o (1).jpg 15778250_10211559259515751_552355040_o.jpg

18. Jack Wagon

Jack Wagon
    from Ferguson

What happened to the Yeoman???

X-2 and Bill's Auto Works like this.
  19. belair

belair

Cool car, be aware the 58s don't share much of anything with 57 or 59. Little parts and trim may be hard to locate.

20. Since 2010.. it has probably come back as a Kia...

X-2, Tman and Jack Wagon like this.
  21. I knew this was an 11 year old thread as I had read it before. I have always had the hots for 2 door wagons of almost any make. It is a shame that the O.P. never updated this thread, but hopefully if he never actually bought it, he at least let it be know where it was located so another member of our hobby had the chance to buy it & build it!!!!!

God Bless
    Bill
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...ar-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/

22. Jack Wagon

Jack Wagon
    from Ferguson

I have a sister to that car. Have had it since about 1980. Bought it in salt lake.
    I glad to see this thread is back up and running.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
  23. I'd say that 19 out of 20 thread builds here fail at some point. I have been there myself in my pre HAMB days.

X-2, Bill's Auto Works and Jack Wagon like this.
  24. Jack Wagon

Jack Wagon
    from Ferguson

CB41B212-77A0-4950-8113-796AB4C75844.jpeg I’ve been watching this thread as it’s been a great source of info on my 58.
    I’m searching out info on these government owned Chevys from that area thru the ‘60’s. Many went to the parks services and military as well as A.E.C.

25. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

upload_2021-12-27_8-56-23.png Just to bump this old thread.
    I've never been into 58 Impalas terribly much but the Yeoman and DelRay two door wagons have always been on my radar.
    This DelRay is mostly stock and restored which normally would not attract me but this is pretty rare as it is what's called a "windowed" Sedan Delivery.
    I don’t know if they were exclusively built for the U.S. government but this article says this one has a tag verifying it to be one.

"The sedan delivery was a two-door model that normally looked like a station wagon with panel sides instead of rear side windows. It carried a Delray script at the leading edge of the rear fender panel and shared Delray trim with other passenger cars in that series. Inside, there was only one vinyl-trimmed driver’s seat as standard equipment.
    Lynch’s car looks like a two-door station wagon because it has two rear side windows on each side of the car. The forward one is squared off in front to mate up with the doorpost and has what looks like a backwards-slanting vent window right above the front half of the rear tire. The other window is slanted at both ends. The windows are there because the sedan delivery was special ordered by the National Park Service for use at Yellowstone National Park."

https://www.speedville.com/1958-delray-sedan-delivery/

upload_2021-12-27_9-12-29.png

upload_2021-12-27_9-12-59.png

chryslerfan55, X-2, Oilguy and 3 others like this.
  26. Dan Timberlake

Dan Timberlake

27. Jack Wagon

Jack Wagon
    from Ferguson

I’ve read about this one in several other posts and threads. It is a fine example.
    As for ours we are fixin what we got as we learn more on her personal history. We’re having fun along the way and it will probably still be unfinished when I give it to the daughters.
    Thanks for adding to the conversation, All info is greatly appreciated!!!

Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
    X-2 likes this.
  28. Jack Wagon

Jack Wagon
    from Ferguson

X-2 likes this.
  29. Jack Wagon

Jack Wagon
    from Ferguson

Great Info! What else you got???

chryslerfan55 and X-2 like this.
  30. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

I saw an outstanding Yeoman about a two months ago on the highway! Passed it and had to slow back down to get pics of it! It was beautiful! But because it has big wheels , I can’t post it!

Bones