Register now to get rid of these ads!

I lost my mojo

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Midwest Rodder, Jun 14, 2010.

1. cornbinder52

cornbinder52
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I dig the four doors. Chopped rocks. Sounds like an awsome custom. Think on it, but the chopped 4 door would look cool, and it might be the only one at the cruise in.

2. Thorkle Rod

Thorkle Rod

If you don't like it sell it,

3. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

Either sounds like a winner to me. For mine, I had intentions of doing it up like the Bass 49, and still might; however, I was getting too soured on the project and decided to go a route where it's not as much work to get it on the road (and back in my good graces), yet I still liked the look. I gave myself an out, an easier solution that will still look good, but leave the door open to go the Bass route at a later date. It's a "tiered design approach", if you will. Perhaps doing the same in your case might help? Dunno..... :eek:

Share some pics of it, if you can. I'd like to see what you're starting with. Perhaps some HAMB'ers have some panels they could "pay forward" to jumpstart you. I gave away my 216 to a guy for that express purpose....felt pretty darn good!

4. outlaw56

outlaw56
    from Hines, MN

Keep ridin' the project will still be there till you sell it or finish it!!!

5. I would do it like WW, Dixie and the dance kings. Now that was a cool 4 door!

6. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

best way to stay interested is to get what you want.

7. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

The body on the car is actually pretty solid, 1 rust hole 4x3 in each front fender and a little rust in the pans. I have the new floor pans ready to go in. A 4 dr chop is cool and in my area will be the only one at the show. I will ride for the summer and when winter hits if it's still in the garage I might get the tools out again, not really tryin to sell it, you never know I might see somethin out there that makes me crazy to jump back on it.

8. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

i have rode harleys for alot of years , i know what they will make a man do & not do . Who gives a damn whats in the garage when your knees are in the breeze. Nuff said brother.

9. bigdog

bigdog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sometimes you don't love it until it's done. A freind of mine parked his car behind my shop "for a little while". Ten years later I told him it was time to do something with it cuz I was tired of looking at it. His response was to hand me the title. So now I owned this pile that hadn't run for ten years and that I didn't want in the first place. Tried to sell it as it sat-no takers. Figured I'd get it running and somebody would at least want it for the motor-nope. So I spent more time and money and put it in drivable shape-still no takers. So I said fuck it, I'll do the body work and paint this piece of shit. Took me 8 months to get it done just because I couldn't force myself to go work on it. Now that it's all done I'm having more fun with this car than anything I've owned for the last twenty years. I guess sometimes you just don't know until you get to the final result...

10. 4 pedals

4 pedals
    from Nor Cal

You need to decide what's important to you. Do you want the done car? I have 5 old cars. I let my favorite sit for 7 years at one point cause I couldn't afford to do anything with it. now i have too many. Same one is still my favorite. I'm letting go of 3 more I like because I want to focus on 1. I'll keep one of my trucks for hauling duty.

I know guys that are into building, maintaining and driving cars. not everybody can build one. What works for you?

Devin