Register now to get rid of these ads!

I know it's sacrilege to question Milner's coupe but...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 41woodie, Mar 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

>>>>,originaly ,,that was a West Coats thing ,,everything that they did on the West Coast spread across the country ,,if you were around ,,it was the way we did it back then ,,and how i do it today ,,,
    [​IMG]

2. i love the coupe its awesome ,but the chopped grille drives me crazy it just doesnt fit the rest of the car

3. Neglected Legacies

Neglected Legacies
    from Nor Cal

I've seen that coupe in my neighborhood a few times - a couple times I saw it parked - as if Milner was running an errand or something...

4. firingorder1

firingorder1

I don't understand why Miner's coupe is treated like its some holy relic. It was bought as a prop for a movie. Its not a bad coupe and its not a fantastic coupe. There are better ones out there and worse ones. Always remember that after filming it was put up for sale at $1500. That always tells me what Lucas thought of the "iconic" coupe.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  5. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Well, there was a time when those old "hot rods & customs" were passe and after the movie was release, there was a renewed interest in those old cars.:D

6. rockyfarmer

rockyfarmer

I'm kinda new here...........but do we rehash the Milners coupe bout twice every month?

7. ironfly28

ironfly28
    from Orange, CA

Here's two TRULY Iconic coupes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. OLLIN

OLLIN

That is pretty bad ass...interesting theory. That is pretty cool trivia if its true!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

>>>>>,Well,,lets get real here ,,back when "Grafitti" came out ,,NHRA had banned the Gasser Classes ,,Muscle Cars had taken over and "Hot Rods" were all but dead ,,"Grifitti" re-inforced us old Hot Rodders that we were still half assed important ,,the "Milner '32" ,,the Black "Field Car" '55 Chevy ,,that was originaly in Two Lane Blacktop ,,gave us all new life ,,love it or not ,,,those two cars was a re awakining for us guys that thought it was OVER ,,heck ,,even pin striping / scallops /flames was dead then ,,so ,,,we started over and re invented it ,,and look where its at today ,,there's kids out there that wasn't even born when "Grafitti" came out ,,and yet they are building hot rods in the true tradition of the '50's-'60's ,,and Milners '32 has gave em a direction ,,
    i'm 67 years young ,,still doing what i did ,,in '62 ,,

10. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

This is what I've been driving at in my replys.:D

11. You know what, We can agree to disagree about what is right or what is wrong with the Milner coupe all day long, but in the end there are people who hate it and other people that love it. The thing is, it is still the Milner coupe no matter what we say. It won't change the coupe either way. It has been made for a movie and it will live in the movie until all the copies of the movie are gone from the world.
    George

12. If you're gonna quote something, get it right :D:D

Bob Falfa: Hey you're s'posed to be the fastest thing in the Valley man, but that can't be your car. It must be your mama's car! I'm sorta' embarrassed to be this close to ya!
    John Milner: Yeah, well I'm not surprised, drivin' a field car!
    Bob Falfa: Field car? What's a field car?
    John Milner: A field car runs through the fields, droppin' cow shit all over the place to make the lettuce grow.
    Bob Falfa: Ha ha! That's pretty good! Say, I like the color of your car there, man. What's that s'posed to be? Sort of a cross between piss yella' and puke green ain't it?
    John Milner: Well, you call that a paint job, but it's pretty ugly. I bet you got to sneak up on the pumps just to get a little air in your tires!
    Bob Falfa: Well at least I don't have to pull over to the side just to let a funeral go by man.
    John Milner: Oh ho, funny!

13. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

>>>>.,Hey hotroddon; "Make It Three Yards Muther Fucker and YOU got Yourself an Automobile Race" ,,
    LOL,,LOL,,

14. Wrong movie :rolleyes:

And what's with the large type, red letters? It's kind of annoying, like you're yelling for attention.

15. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

>>>>.Ha,,Ha,,,,YES,,i know it's from Two Lane Blacktop ,,but ,,just thought i'd throw a little fun in here ,,,besides,,that Black '55 in Grafitti was the number one car in Two Lane ,,anyway ,,i just threw you a challange ,,,see you at the HAMB drags at MOKAN ,,???

16. Bring your heap out to Famoso for the Hot Rod Reunion and I'll be happy to line up against you. I'll be in the red & White Anglia gasser. Hope you can go deep in the 9's :p

17. ken1939

ken1939

QUOTE=CONNMAN;5038000]>>>>>,Well,,lets get real here ,,back when "Grafitti" came out ,,NHRA had banned the Gasser Classes ,,Muscle Cars had taken over and "Hot Rods" were all but dead ,,"Grifitti" re-inforced us old Hot Rodders that we were still half assed important ,,the "Milner '32" ,,the Black "Field Car" '55 Chevy ,,that was originaly in Two Lane Blacktop ,,gave us all new life ,,love it or not ,,,those two cars was a re awakining for us guys that thought it was OVER ,,heck ,,even pin striping / scallops /flames was dead then ,,so ,,,we started over and re invented it ,,and look where its at today ,,there's kids out there that wasn't even born when "Grafitti" came out ,,and yet they are building hot rods in the true tradition of the '50's-'60's ,,and Milners '32 has gave em a direction ,,
    i'm 67 years young ,,still doing what i did ,,in '62 ,,[/QUOTE]

Yes and they cancelled Star Trek and Man Lands on the MOON! :rolleyes:

Dont you see its allll connected?

(I kid)

18. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

>>>>>Well,,i live in Missouri ,,Famoso ??? man ,,that's 2000 miles from here ,,deep nines ??? well ,,i guess my mid nines won't do then ,,i was wantin' to run that coupe in your picture ,,you comin' to the HAMB drags this Augest ?? ya,,i know ,,its a long tow ,,

19. yeah what he said

20. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

>>>>>,Sorry Guys ,,,but those letters ain't very big on my 'puter ,,is this better ??? these are so small on my 'puter i can't hardly read em ,,maybe my 'puter EH ?

21. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

By the way, I don't know if any of you remember the article in "Street Rodder" from 1976 about the 4 main cars in AG. Very interesting and detailed. But the 55 could run high 10's in the quarter mile. Milner knew he was losing man!

22. Black on white will be easier to read as well

23. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Great movie, ugly car. It might have been okay if they'd channeled the body or not chopped the grille.

Yeah, yeah, I know. File it all under C.S.

-Dave

24. metal man

metal man

I've heard that before, not buying it.From what I've read ,including that article , it ran a stock L-88. That just doesn't add up to high tens unless it's downhill with a strong tailwind . Cool ass 55 though ,regardless . I was about 8 years old when I first saw that movie ,and it messed my head up big time . I've wanted to be Milner ever since . I don't care how fast or attractive they were or were not , all those cars rule .:)

25. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

You got that right about the cars. They not have won any car shows but they were perfect just the way they were:D

26. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Different movie,same '55

27. 117harv

117harv

ICONIC? The red one looks kind of familiar and the brown one i have never seen, yes i have been into rods for years. ICONIC, ok if you say so.

Both are good lookin cars for sure.

28. metal man

metal man

You are joking , right ? The difference is , these are two race cars that are iconic , but only to us hot rod people . That Graffiti coupe ,and the 55 , hooked many of us on hot rods when we saw them on TV or at the theater .EVERYONE knows that car .
    By the way, do a thread search for the Chrisman and Pierson coupes and you should find out what these cars are all about . That is ,if you're not yanking us.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  29. Thats the Baddest car in the Valley!!!

30. metalshapes

metalshapes

picard.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.