Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods I KNOW I'M NUTS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by joee, Jun 3, 2017.

1. That is my reserved parking spot. I have the handy because of two knee replacements almost 20 years ago. I do take meds but they are shipped & delivered by uspo.
    Just a sample of the rides. Some mornings parking is at a premium.

[​IMG]

2. Thank you for the kind words. It is a 20 footer however & a work in progress.

3. See the previous posts. Besides I think I done my share of walking. Leave it for you younger fellows.

61Cruiser likes this.
  4. Dickster27 I don't recall ever sayin that I was spry. I have aches & pains & it is hard to get goin some mornings but the way I see it is better than the alternative. Just have a good hard talk to oneself & suck it up & get er a goin.

Time for my nap now.

BradinNC and loudbang like this.
  5. drtrcrV-8

drtrcrV-8

I guess the point is that our eyes are so bad that rust takes on a "Golden Hue" as we squint to see if we're done sanding it off , or "The Hell with it; 'Rust-Stopper' will cover that little bit anyway!" (or POR-15, or whatever you use.......) So that's where the name 'Golden Years' came from??

hattrick150 likes this.
  6. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The way I see it is that when the docs say that one needs to quit smoking, quit drinking, get a lot of exercise, stay away from women named BoomBoom, AND get a good night's sleep then you can add 15 years to your life.

OK, listen up, this is the good part. The 15 extra years don't come between 25 and 70. No, they add it to the end. Now explain why these are bonus years when you can't walk upright, maybe being tied to a wheel chair and drooling into your pudding. Bonus years, my butt. Get it while it is hot.

7. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Bob, you do know that you are my hero. I had both knees and knee caps replaced about 10 years ago, rotator cuff about 20 years ago. But, I hope in 6 years that I can still function like you. "Take it to the limit."

hattrick150 and Bruce Fischer like this.
  8. I agree with you lonejacklarry, even my Dr. says I don't know how your walking around? with your ankles.I am up about 6.30 every morning 2 cups of coffee with half a bagle then down to the shop or honey do list{my wife calls me her house bitch. LOL.} then lunch back down to the shop or work around the house .The day my check come in I hit 3 stores for food shopping because my wife works so hard and says she hates it .Doesn't bother me.Around 3.30 I have my stiff drink mixed with sprite and then Sunny Girl and I take an hour nap and then its up and making supper. Then we chill out or head in to town to Sonics for a nice cold milk shake till bed time around 10.p.m.Then do it all over again.They say take it easy. HECK I will once I am gone. Bruce.

chryslerfan55 and hattrick150 like this.
  9. We should start a car old farts club.WAIT we have the H.A.M.B. Who says we are old???? LOL. Bruce. 001.JPG

10. Bruce you need to move out here to Oatman Az the burros run wherever they wish & the town mayor is a Burro. Pic is my grandson hugging his favorite that he named Duke. Route 66 goes thru the town & is the
    street the burros are on. (tourist trap) I only live 15 miles from it. (in the winter) They have the typical robbery & shootout &the tourist buy food to feed the burros. Bikers like this town .

Dickster27 thanks if you really want a hero look in the mirror. Yeah I can't raise my arms much above the shoulders from injuring my rotator some years ago. Lots of surgeries keeping me going & nobody has mentioned about the memory yet. Whew that is another super large thread then there are all the car accidents. Lets all look at the good side & get going on a more enjoyable evening . Best of luck to all you rodders.

Attached Files:

11. steinauge

steinauge
    from 1960

Bruce I hope you get to feeling better soon. We have horses and I can sure sympathize with how easy it is to get hurt around livestock.

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  12. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

Live fast, die young and make a better looking corpse.

13. statesblue

statesblue
    from Luzerne Pa

Don't worry guys. The best part of growing old is it doesn't last long...haha

Oldbill51 and 1936dodge like this.
  14. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, thank current medical science for the fact that we can be repaired. My orthopedic surgeon, who looks about 16 years old, is all lined up to do my right knee replacement next month. He did a rotator cuff last year and my left knee replacement about 4 years ago.

I asked him at my last visit about the technology regarding artificial joints. He stated that the real technology is not that old but it keeps getting better. I then asked him what the old guys did when I was a kid and before knee replacements were done. He simply asked if I remembered a lot of old women pushing a lot of old men around in wheelchairs when I was a kid. I allowed that I did remember that and he said something like "that's how it was handled 50 years ago--wheelchairs."

Pretty sharp for a 16 year old but I still wouldn't lend him my truck.

15. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

I've had my knees replaced too. Seems like all mechanics have knee problems along with back problems from laying over fenders. I only got a 3 month handicap permit when I had my knees replaced. When I had it, the handicap spots were all full every time I went somewhere.

I think Ryan should consider your photo in the handicap spot for the HAMB header.

16. Now that there is funny. ha ha ha best joke of the day.

17. I'm 72. Just got my toolbox out of storage today and I swear it weighs twice as much as it used to.

The only thing worse than getting old is not getting old.

18. rer_239

rer_239

I'm a long time newby, messing around with my A for way too long, probably have less than 500 miles on it, but i enjoy making it better. should have it back on the road later this month. i have my share of aches and pains and the floor seems to be getting farther away every day.

AHotRod and Bruce Fischer like this.
  19. Burn out Bob. They are my neighbors donkeys but when they see me in the house moving around they start calling me. A couple years ago I had the flu and had to slide down in my recliner so they couldn't see me for a few days. Surgeries boy. I have had them too from my construction days .6 hernia surgeries, hemorrhoid from truck driving, galder blader, and 2 left failed total ankle replacements. My shoulder is still hurting from the fall the other day. I just hope it isn't the rotator cup, but I just try and keep going.Thats what keeps you young even if you look like hell. P.S yea the memory too. I knew something was wrong after food shopping the other day and I was putting the fresh pork chops in the pantry closet. Good thing I caught it in timeLOL.Take care Bruce.

20. Engine man.I have a handicap permit too but, I hardly use it. I know there are people worse off than me. Bruce.

21. Thanks steinauge.They were my neighbors donkeys I just lost my balance with my bad ankle and wound up falling over the fence with them. I woke up and they were looking at me like what are you doing on our side of the fence?????.LOL.Bruce.

hattrick150 likes this.
  22. Well, sheeezzze, Bob, you just blew me out of the saddle! ONLY 80. Yeah, the golden years can be rough. But I am not ready for the alternative.

Good thread. Party on.

Ben

23. bondolero

bondolero

Most frustrating thing is I enjoy the hot rod TWICE as much as I used to but can only work on it HALF as long. I have had to learn to be patient and do what I can do. Still the greatest pastime on earth.:D
    Its a joy those who love their Prius will never know.

hattrick150 likes this.
  24. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

I am only 56 but some days feel like well much older. Left knee replacement a couple months ago and need the right done also. About 40 pounds too heavy, and work a swing style shift and sleep apnea.
    My recent activity has been getting it done on my 62 Yellowstone camper. Its up across the road down at our river front. First walk up hill to the road,over the road,then down a flight of stairs( around 15) to the camper. it used to be nice to use the neighbors driveway thats there to haul stuff back and forth but the new Prick doesnt like anyone and blocked all access.So everything is hoofed up and down the stairs,trip after trip.Just to go back to the shop and get a screwdriver is a about a 200 yard round trip.

The way Iam gonna approach this is that when its all done and Iam sitting under the awning it will all be that much better and worth it because I put in that extra effort all the time to get it done.I am so used to pain now its just part of the deal. Some of it is my own fault. Some times you have to whine and fell better I guess?.

And to be fair:rolleyes: to said prick, he is one of those rich types that moves into a neighborhood and tries to tell everyone around here how things are gonna be for now on.WRONG.

25. mike bowling

mike bowling

I've been going to a local resident "Therapy" place to see a guy 2 years older than me for almost a year now- he went in to get therapy to "build him up" so he could have surgery. He now weighs 100 pounds, is in a diaper, and has to eat food that's been through a processor. Never made it out of the place.

I get in the highchair and whine once in a while, but I'm doing OK , thank you. It is what it is.

26. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

The thing is that the people who use the handicap spots are ones who don't need it. A local television station put a camera on a roof and recorded vehicles parked in the handicap spots at various locations. Some people have a handicap permit for someone they take places as a passenger and use it when they don't have that person with them. Some do have a handicapped person with them but that person stays in the vehicle while the non-handicapped person goes in. Then there are the ones who don't have any permit but know it isn't enforced. It embarrassed the police department who said it's the responsibility of the business to report the offenders. The businesses say they call but the offenders are gone by the time the police arrive. The business can't write tickets. The city started having the meter enforcement people drive through on varying schedules.

It was a $50 to $300 fine before. For $50, people were willing to take the chance. They raised the minimum to $150. It also made it worthwhile for the city to enforce the law.

27. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Well I'm only 61 so thank you all very much for a tantalizing look into my future! LOL. I don't have any problems with donkeys it's the jack asses I encounter that piss me off.

28. the oil soup

the oil soup
    from Tucson,AZ

Getting up on the wrong side of the bed sure beats getting up on the wrong side of the grass!

29. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bruce, i bought a setup for my leaf blower that cleans gutters. my house is 3 stories in back and ladders are getting too scary for me.

30. billsat

billsat

I'm sixty one, my folks are eighty three and holding their own. They tell me that you know you're dead when you wake up and nothing is hurting. Based on that concept I estimate I will live to be 125. At the least.

dan c, town sedan and Bruce Fischer like this.