Register now to get rid of these ads!

I inherited my Grandpa's car today, hell yeah

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by theloosecannon707, Jan 12, 2010.

1. McDeuce

McDeuce

WOW !!! What a great memorial to your grandfather

2. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

i still and will always have my pops 70 amx that he bought new! treasures like that are few and far between! great car you have there man!!!

3. Pre-K

Pre-K
    from Ventura

Awwww, I want a Dad who had an AMX, or a split-window. My Dad's only new car was a '63 Chevy truck, 230 on the tree, radio delete, but a deluxe heater. He was so proud, but he did not understand my fascination with the new split-window sitting on the showroom floor. I wanted to know why he wasn't getting THAT!

I learned how to drive on that '63 truck, with it's non-sincro first gear. Unfortunately, my brother, the favorite son, learned not only how drive, but how to drunk drive that truck. He had enough accidents (and drunk driving arrests) that the truck needed almost every body panel replaced, so my Dad bought a parts truck.

Both trucks sat for years, until my Dad, soon to be dead from cancer, insisted my brother replace the body panels so the truck could be driven again. As my brother finished assembling the last panel, my Dad called me outside, and gave me the keys to the truck, which was his pride and joy. I think it was the only thing my Dad really gave me, but it was the best thing he could have given me.

The Chevy now has 400,000 miles on top of the 200,000 miles it had when I got it. It is the ugly beast, and will hang over my fire place when we can no longer drive gas vehicles. I might even restore it, but for now, it is my supremo ranch truck, and still one of my favorite "comfort" rides.

My brother? He inherited everything else, via my Mother... '47 Lincoln Continental being the prize... but it rots, along with the other 14 cars that he owns but don't run... and he's the family mechanic... I am the rebel punk.

Oh, don't feel sorry for my brother, as my Mother bought recently bought him a 2008 BMW 535i...

All fuckin' true! lol

4. SAVAGE

SAVAGE
    Alliance Vendor

Awesome Car would love to see it up close

5. srosa707

srosa707
    from Sacramento

prepare to have every low rider in a 300 mile radius trying to buy it off you...

6. Fuel to burn

Fuel to burn

Especially if you don't trick it out, they will assume that you aren't that into it. I've got a 68 in stock condition with some wear and I can't get two blocks without someone yelling "hey wanna sell it?"
    Sometimes it's funny, sometimes annoying, it's just part of the deal.

7. airmentbob

airmentbob
    from san diego

my grandpa left a 37 chevy 3/4 ton army pick up truck to my pops who in turn primered some of it, installed a nova 10 bolt, and let it sit for 20 years. so in turn my pops gives it to my middle brother who's trying to install a ls motor 5.3 in it, he's in the service as well. it's going to take another 20 years perhaps for it to either die of cancer or be brought back to life, probably by his son. As for me, i bought my uncles 55 and have just about removed every bolt that was ever on it...it now runs daily.

8. 62' droptop is very cool and with a pedagree, sweet! keep it and enjoy.

9. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Be carefull what you do with it, He's watching you!
    By the way, Stewart warner gauges look coo IN the dash and dont have to cut anything to do it. Did the same with my 62 many years ago.