Register now to get rid of these ads!

I got the Parklane home.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mastergun1980, Jul 26, 2012.

1. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

I went and got my new to me 56 parklane - last tagged in 69. Wasn't susposed to have a motor but to my supprise there is a y-block inside with a teapot 4bbl ( prob the factory 292 ) Anyway it's not the nicest car I'ever drug home but maybe the rarest!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    While I don't have plans to start on this anytime soon I am gathering parts for it - already got a windsheild, parklamp, and seat frame....

2. slammed

slammed

2 Door Wagon's rule supreme! Fine purchase.

3. Good luck finding the side glass for that..Like a needle in a haystack..My friend ended up filling the side windows on his and making a delivery out of it..And that was 12 years ago...

4. robber

robber

Nice save! I wish you the best with your cool longroof ...Robber;)

5. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

This not a great picture,however this one my friend's and is almost finished and it is beautiful, 312-3 speed. LaBarron Bonney, interior kit (green and white) like stock. Good luck with yours.

Attached Files:

6. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

SO are the side windows curved?

7. it definanitly has potential but boy shes led a rough life good luck id like to find one

8. ol55

ol55
    from Virginia

Does the TBird emblem mean it is (or was) a 312?

I like the fender stickers

Larry

9. Glad to see you got it I saw it on your first post

10. redhumphries

redhumphries

believe it or not in 1971 or so I bought a wagon just like that when I was in the service. It was the same color with the right front fender bad. I put a 427, 4 spd setup in it at home in the garage with only gas torches for welding. I also put a 60 Mercury dash panel in it . After coming back to NC I sold it and got something better on gas. About 10 years ago a friend of mine told me about a 56 wagon that was a one of a kind that ford built with a lincoln dash in it that was for sale. Yep it was the same car I didnt buy it no money but it was cool seeing it. The side window are flat, the back glass is curved but alot of wagons had the same window. Good luck with the project maybe one day I can find photos I can get for the computer and post them . RED

11. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

Well it means its at least a 292 but I have heard that the vin number will tell the story- but I'm gonna have a problem there, the vin tag on the door jamb is gone ! So if anyone knows where the frame stamp is that would be a big help. I'm not worried about the car being stolen just vandalized. The last owner bought it in 69 as a parts car for his other 56 wagon ( that was totaled shortlly after buying this one ) .

And as far as the stickers go they outta add a couple extra horses right?

12. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

I already contacted chrisblatte here on the hamb to see if he has glass patterns .. sure looks like they should be flat glass.

13. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

Like alot of cars sitting has been harder on it than anything else ( that and wild kids with bb guns! )

14. You are soooo lucky.

15. cool ride, good luck

16. metalix_421

metalix_421

it sure looked like the glass should flat to me when we went to look at it lasst week.

17. NMCarNut

NMCarNut
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very cool car and while some work it look very saveable.
    The serial number is stamped on the top of the right frame rail just in front of the firewall. The first letter of the serial number is the engine code. Both 292s and 312s got the Thunderbird fender emblems.
    Although weathered, your car looks very original so you should be able to work with datatags.com to get you a replacement Data Tag. As long as you have them stamp the tag as the car originally came it is perfectly legal.
    And for what it is worth, Ford made 15,186 Parklanes, not the rarest 56 but one of the rarer ones.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  18. jazzfidelity

jazzfidelity

awesome 2-door wagon, pleeeze don't go the sedan delivery route.. wagons are so much cooler..

19. NMCarNut

NMCarNut
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh yea, all the side glass is flat so any good glass shop can make them, the hardware is a different story. The good news is it looks like you have all the unique exterior and interior Parklane trim, and the latches, garnish mouldings and dividers are the same as any 55-56 2 door wagon. I know of several wagons in yards in both Northern and Southern NM if you need something and can't find it closer.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  20. As you are already aware the Parklane was a one year only production Wagon and very desirable,,it appears that most of the hard to find parts are still there.

Congratulations,,HRP

21. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

22. robertsregal

robertsregal

Very Cool wagon!!

23. johnybsic

johnybsic
    from las vegas

Wow!
    Thing is pretty neat! i like it, 2-door waggys all the way

24. fargoguy

fargoguy

Here's one built by a local guy. 5.0 litre, AOD, Vintage air, Disc Brakes, Rack & Pinion but you'd never know from the outside.
    [​IMG]

25. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

I found the vin today ( thanks guys ) it is a m code car so that makes the motor a 292 according to the y-block book , I was sure it would be locked up soild, but It's not at all!

26. hudson48

hudson48

What is that special accessory piece over the LHS valve cover!!!