Register now to get rid of these ads!

i found a '57 Plymouth wagon....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by XxStrait-EdgexX, Aug 3, 2009.

1. I just found a 1957 plymouth custom suburban 2 door wagon in a shed around the corner from my house!!!! Its totally rust free and the only visible body damage is a fist size dent above the rear wheel. I asked around and i got a number to call the owner and i was told i could have it for a couple hundred bucks. the only issue i have with it is that the windshield, all of the drivers side glass, and the rear tailgate glass was bashed out. I was wondering how hard/expensive this glass would be to replace..... oh, pics are on my phone, ill put em up later

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. George

George

Might want to check out/post on www.forwardlook.net Sounds like a nice project

3. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

at that price the windshield will cost more (a whole hell of a lot more) than the whole car. do some research and have fun.

4. George

George

Might get lucky @ a junkyard or a forum member.

5. Those are cool lookin' wagons...good luck on the glass but ya might get lucky...post up some pix when ya get her home and take some pix in it's current resting place

6. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

The side glass is all flat glass and cheap to replace. Except of course, the rear side glass that wraps around the side. That piece is 2dr wagon specific. The sliding side glass has the retainer/latch deal that may be tricky to mount. Parts cars come up on ebay from time to time. Contact MOPARMORTUARY (Chad) here on the Hamb, he has a couple of 2dr wagon parts cars. The windshield is the same piece as any '57-59 sedan or wagon. Hardtops and convertibles have a different windshield. Hardtop windshield glass is reproduced, I don't believe the sedan/wagon windshield is.

Let's see some pics man! I'm partial to em. ;)

Attached Files:

7. I just happen to have the front windshield for it!

8. CanUFelix

CanUFelix
    from venice CA

man I love those wagons....cant wait to see the pics. Nice find man.

9. well that was fast lmao.... looks like it might be difficult but not impossible..... so rodhotz, you have 1???? and once/if i get it ill be talking to you alot more gotgas.

10. Try big M auto wreckers in Williams Ca right on 5, you can see it from the hiway. He has a lot of those early Mopars. Stacks of fenders, dashes, etc.... Theres a whole section of his yard called Finland for those cars. I believe his name is Jon. I saw a restored wagon he had done there last year as I passed through.
    Good luck

11. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Sounds bitchin. Get it!

12. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Yes, John is a GREAT guy and really looks after these finned cars. The wagon you saw was probably his '58 Dodge.

Scroll all the way through to the end...
    http://www.forwardlook.net/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=21195&start=1

And while you're there at the ForwardLook.net site, go ahead and register and show everyone a picture of your wagon. :)
    http://www.forwardlook.net/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=25759&start=1

Here is John's '58 Sierra...

Attached Files:

13. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

If the curved glass gets to be too much, that would make a bitchin sedan delivery.........................

14. Snatch that thing up!

15. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Your here talking?
    Pay the man and get it home.;)

16. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

Making a sedan delivery out of that would be an interesting project. what power train is in it??

17. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

MOPARMORTUARY is in Iraq right now, he's a bit difficult to get in contact with. I can relay info to him however if need be.

18. Next on the parts list....one surfboard!

19. the motor looks og to me its a v8 with a big ass rock sittin on top of the carb. i called him and got a damn machine.... the guy has at least 7 other cars in the shed from the 40s to 60s...

20. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I see you got the obligitory Cunningham avatar too. Nice. :D

21. 1946chevytruck

1946chevytruck
    BANNED
    from london ,ky

22. i just need to get in contact with the guy, i hope hes as reasonable as i was told he is.... im kinda broke so anything over a couple hundred is pushin it..... :(

23. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Hey, Strait-edge and Gotgas are you two brothers?. Ya look an awful lot alike.

24. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Same mother...

25. .... i actually do look like him..... hey gotgas, what have you done to yours??? howd it look when you got it???

26. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Not much. Turned the torsion bars down, 3" blocks on the rear, replaced the 230ci six/auto with a '66 289/C4. Disc brakes on the front and fresh shocks all around.

It was about the rattiest piece of crap I've ever seen when I got it. It still is, hahaaa. It cost more to ship it from Florida than it cost to buy it but I just couldn't stand to see a relatively rare 2dr wagon get scrapped. It's been a fun car. Take some pictures of yours.

Attached Files:

27. sickboy713

sickboy713
    from oildale

i bought a brand new windshield for my 1956 plymouth. $500 bucks tri valley auto glass in livermore ca.

buy it

28. i cant get the pics off my damn phone so it looks like you guys have to wait till i see it again.

29. Well, I got a holod of the guy that I was told owned the cars.... turns out I was misinformed so I called the property owners and they gave me the guys name that rents the space and his street name but he didnt know his number or exact address offhand and the guys not listed..... damn, Im sick of searchin...

30. scratch that, I just found his home # online and his son just gave me his cell..... this is looking up.(sorry about the triple post)