Register now to get rid of these ads!

I dusted off the Comet last weekend

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cshabang, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Cshabang

Cshabang

I haven't had the Comet at any kind of show in I don't know how long..maybe since before I moved To go back to school over three years ago. Being a charity event held by friends, I was looking forward to going, so I brought the car up on the trailer open headered...No wiseass Comments, its not registered, and those who know me know I Drive the shit out of it with a 14 to 1 compression small block in it...I made my immature fashionalby late entrance, and got the nod for my exit later that day...Felt good to have her out making noise since she sits in a rented garage for the time being. anyways, here are few shots....I emailed a few of these over to Mark Morton, asking if he thought it "still ran good on all 7" like hes said to me in the past.hahhaha..his reply was sure does..haha

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

too bad the video camera is busted huh

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. storm king

storm king

One of my favorite Ford's , for sure.

3. Damn nice ride!

4. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

If your gonna have a Comet, the 65 is it. That looks like 1 bad runnin car.Wish I still had mine

5. why would you think anyone would make a wise ass comment???

Thats a great car!! Have you any timed runs in it?

6. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

HOT DAMN! That's a sweet azz car! I had a chance to own one back in '85 and decided on a '71 Cutlass instead. Dumb thinking is a BITCH.

7. Cshabang

Cshabang

thanks guys for the kinda words...maybe someday I'll finish my damn hood...haha

8. Cshabang

Cshabang

, and no on the timed runs...the combination is coming back apart if I don't sell the motor...gonna be a stick replacing the dynamic racing trans C4...

9. Muttley

Muttley

That Comet rules...............I cant find a '65 Hard Top right now to save my life and I have been looking hard. :( :mad: Convertibles are everywhere, they must have made a million of them. Instead of sticking it back in storage just sell it to me. ;) :D

10. rebarsfords

rebarsfords

That is one nice ride!!!!
    Love them old Fords!!! (and Mercs)
    Two thumbs up, buddy!

11. wow, looks like alot of fun...nice ! Better not let it get dusty again, :) that Comet should see the light of day at least every weekend, don't you think !?
    / primerkid

12. Ford Freak

Ford Freak

13. eric

eric

just to cheer you up a bit, about 2 weeks ago at the last Pomona Swap i found a '65 comet 2dr fastback with a $1,500 price tag. Solid, bucket seats, v8 car with motor, i don't know if it was running but it was probably a weekends work away from being drivable...oh yeah and the $1,500 was slashed to $950.!!!:eek: i turned to my best friend and said lets get it! he faces realityand says we have to many cars as it is!then i look to my left and some guy was already talking to the owner and working a deal! DAMN!!:mad:

14. Cshabang

Cshabang

funny thing is my car is originally from Southern Cali..hahha, it was sold in LA according to the paperwork, my old mans Cali hardtop and his 404 station wagon have been CT cars all their lives

15. Drive Em

Drive Em

I have two of them, one is a '65 Caliente hardtop that came with a 200 six and an automatic tranny. The other is a regular Comet hardtop that came with the 225 HP 289 and a C-4. The car was a USAF runway vehicle that would chase airplanes at Holloman Air Force base when they landed. It has some cool features like a 9" rear end, engine oil cooler and bigger brakes. It is a stripper with no undercoating, radio delete and no power anything.

16. 53Heavy

53Heavy

My Mom's from when I was a kid. Had a 289...that car would fly. Wish I had it today

Attached Files:

• moms65.jpg
      moms65.jpg
      File size:
      67.3 KB
      Views:
    • m.jpg
      m.jpg
      File size:
      55.2 KB
      Views:
  17. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

nice freekin ride man! love the smokey pics!:)

18. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

to make that much smoke, it must have a chevy in it...:eek:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  19. Cshabang

Cshabang

ouch Larry....that hurts..haha

20. garvinzoom

garvinzoom

I think the smoke was coming from the tires, not the exhaust. It couldnt have been a Chevy. ;)

21. Cshabang

Cshabang

22. muroc

muroc

Hey Chris is that you in that Beautiful car............Ive never even seen it until now. Good to see it out and about...........

23. AV8Paul

AV8Paul
    Member Emeritus

Looks good, Chris. Get it registered and wear it out....oh yeah, you're wearing it out right in the parking lot. LOL
    Have fun and enjoy it when ever and where ever you can.

24. Judd

Judd

Smokem if you gotem. LOL

Attached Files:

25. Cshabang

Cshabang

Yes Dan, that'd be my POS..hahaha, and Paul, you know I use her as much as I can./ It honestly felt good to drive her alittle...I'd love to put her back on the road, but for now, she sits..more work to be done, in reality though, that motor needs to go...I hate selling it, but money is money...the eternal downside hahahaha

26. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

3Window larry....Nah the smoke would be coming from the engine bay on a Chevy

27. NorwegianV8

NorwegianV8
    from Sem City

Hey Chris Looks like you had a blast....

Btw thanks for giving me the tour this summer, great talking to you

28. KIRK

KIRK

That's a good looking car. I bought one new in 65. Had a lot of fun with it until my ex totaled it.

29. Cshabang

Cshabang

It was definately cool meeting and hanging out with you man, Next time you're in the states, let me know, maybe I can make it up to NY, or if you're in CT for Road Agents, let me know.....

And KIRK..thanks man...they're definately fun cars....

30. Cshabang

Cshabang

shameless bump hahaha