Register now to get rid of these ads!

I did it......I stepped up to the plate.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ottoparts, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Been an interesting last two weeks. Looked at a couple cars, had to fix my truck, etc.
    But I stepped up to the plate today.
    I bought a 1950 Ford 4 door shoebox. She be fairly original. Crappy after market wheels are about the only mod that has been done. The flathead ran two years ago when it was parked. Still has the generator on it. The car has no brakes. I only found two rust spots. One is on the fender and one is on the passenger side front floor board. Very minor, very easy fixes. The interior needs some lovin (any kits out there?). The car has fender skirts, spot light, and a sun visor still on it.
    I hope to have pics this evening. If not, tomorrow for sure.

2. sololobo

sololobo

Nice score, now post some pictures. Get some steel wheels back on that baby and cruz it. More doors = more babes gettin in!!~sololobo~

3. Sounds nice enough. Good luck with getting it going.
    There should be some places that offer seat cover kits, just
    can't think of the names at the moment.

4. Here are the pics. Fresh off the flatbed.
    Notice in the one picture of the booklet hanging from the clock on the back side of the dash. I thought it was cool.

Attached Files:

5. Bleed the brakes, throw some shoes on her, fresh gas, a set of wrecking-yard steelies, a South of the Border seat cover and get behind the wheel bro. Spring has sprung! Well wait I just saw the white stuff in the shot...you may have a few weeks still. Love me some Shoeboxes...nice score!

6. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

Damn dude that is very nice score! Love the skirts and the sun visor..... NICE......

7. Squablow

Squablow

If there's 4 of those basket wires and if the chrome will clean up decent on them, you can eliminate the wire part and they'll look cool with some push through bullets or spider caps. Or, paint them body color and run the bullet centers without the wires, they'll give a really smooth look.

8. Congradulations, it looks like a real sweetheart of a ride.

Doug.

9. hitman912

hitman912
    BANNED

Finally another Shoebox with the reverse lights!

10. 63FalconFutura

63FalconFutura
    from Socal

11. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Looks pretty nice . I'd be proud to rock that as my daily driver .