Register now to get rid of these ads!

I despretly need info on putting a dual carb intake on a 21 stud!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bedfordboys, Mar 25, 2013.

1. bedfordboys

bedfordboys
    from bedford va

I thought I had found a intake I could use but yet again no dice! Two issues, one is that the slot for the gen on the intake is 3/16 larger than the gen base. The second is that the fan pulley is a 1/2 in towards the rad than the others. Can some one shed some light on this for me?

Attached Files:

2. alchemy

alchemy

I don't know what combo of parts you have there, but if that's the generator you want to run, why not just machine the front of the intake? Mill the mounting surface another 1/2 inch inward, and make the slot 3/16 narrower. Is there enough meat inside that intake frontside to do it?

If it doesn't work, it's only an Edmunds so it's not the end of the world.

On my old Weiand intake on a '40 flatty, I had to make a spacer to get the '40 generator to line up.

3. DICK SPADARO

DICK SPADARO
    Member Emeritus

That intake was designed for a 24 stud engine using the idler pulley fan and generator, thus the major source of the problem. Second issue is that is a lousy around town driver manifold. Yes I know it looks cool but I had one for the longest time and found that it was hard to tune and when cold it took a long time for the carbs to heat up enough to run correctly. Most of the time it ran rich at low speed. If it were up to me Id be looking for a different intake.