Register now to get rid of these ads!

I could had 40's truck this morning

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skyrodder, Mar 3, 2007.

1. skyrodder

skyrodder

I got up early so i can get some errands done before i head to work, and on my way home i see a truck pulling a trailer with various scrap metal and a 1940's truck cab on it.. i sit and tell my wife damn it's going to the crusher, and i sit there and wait for the light to turn green, and i aske my wife can i offer him 100 bux for it, she said YEAH so i busted a U-turn and followed another truck carrrying scrap and sure enough i saw the other truck in line at the scrap metal place, so I get off and asked him if he would take 100 bux and deliver it for me , he said sure, but i looked at the time and I had to come home change and go to work, so i barely have time to type this out, it made my day that i caould have saved this old tin, but the guy told me he gets these old cars and trucks often and he would call me next time he has one... cool huh?? anyway it felt good knowing it could have been mine if it wasnt for work...

any of you guys ever saved any old tin from the crusher?

thanks for reading:D

peace and chicken grease!
    Omar Ortiz:cool:

2. Packrat

Packrat

Yeah,it makes you sick to see all this old iron going to the crusher. I went over to what used to be my favorite junk yard last week only to find that they have gone "big time". By that I mean they have bought a crane with a claw-like attachment and all the cars are piled up like 30 feet high. If you're not there when something comes in, forget it, its not worth getting when they're done with it.

3. chaddilac

chaddilac

So you didn't get it??? I would have called in sick!!

4. metalman

metalman

Common' man, new jobs can be found, crushers mean it's gone forever! Surely your morgage people will understand!

5. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

you had to ask your wife if you could offer 100 bux for it? how sad is that.

6. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

IF YER WIFE WAS THERE TO ASK IF YOU COULD OFFER THE GUY A HUNE'RD BUCKS.......

WHY DID'NT YOU LET HER WAIT FOR THE GUY TO COME BY ???

OR HELL, GET HIS PHONE NUMBER AND GET THE DAMN THING AFTER WORK???

MAKES ME WONDER SOMTIMES..... ALL THE FUCKIN CELL PHONES IN THE WORLD & YA DIDNT CALL IN LATE........:confused:

7. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I'd get a new wife and a new job

8. Why not get it after work?

I saved a rust free 51 F-3 from the scrapper about a year ago. I seen a decent mid 80's C-10 short box and a 70 F-100 with a 9" there the other day.

9. Frosty21

Frosty21
    from KY

Saved my '37 Chevy...uhhh..."large" truck from the crusher. Local junkyard guy was saying he was going to crush this week (another topic) which pushed me into buying a '53 Mercury convertible. Which I traded for a '46 Chrysler.

There used to be a yard about two miles away from me, guy just went crazy one day and smacked his dad's Four-Door dart, a bunch of Vega wagons, his own collection of MG's and parts, an almost perfect International Pickup from the 60's, and some '55 Chevy tubs that...were...well..maybe worth it for the door posts.

10. wvenfield

wvenfield

Sounds to me like his wife is pretty cool to allow him to drag stuff home.

I can do it as long as I don't ask. He asked and she said "yeah". That would be good enough for me.

I would have got his licence #, gave him the hundred and told him to drop it off in the yard. (just a suggestion for next time)

11. next time be late to work!

12. 53burb

53burb

Savin American Heritage! I wish I could get them all from being crushed. I have 2 that would have!!!!!!!!!!!!! KNUX!

13. tomslik

tomslik

you guys HAVE to be the biggest bunch of pussies i've ever seen (read?)!

have to ask your wife for money?
    i guess mine knows where money comes from...
    oh, you almost"saved" a 40 whatever from the crusher?
    never DID hear what it was...
    don't you guys ever get off the interstate?
    "american heratige"
    only if you use it for the "wall" down south....

btw, i HAVE saved shit from the crusher...

14. draggin ass

draggin ass
    BANNED
    from hell

WTF! go get it from the yard! it prolly isnt crushed yet!!! its not like it goes right from the truck to he crusher! fuck. what place is it, let someone else go save it, let them BS the yard and say "i changed my mind and i dont want to junk my truck cab!"

15. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

wtf? you could have save the tin but you failed to. i wouldn't be telling anybody this story. as the others guys stated, there were options :(

16. Frosty21

Frosty21
    from KY

Hmm...yeah...how long does it take to smack a car anyway?

17. Model40-770

Model40-770
    from LOUISIANA

Dang.....i was in the middle of a move when i seen a early 40 pannel on back of a strecher......i was in the middle of the moveing and got talking to my dad about it on the way to the new house.....yep looks like someone got a good project......he goes project? did you see the rear of the strecher it was full of scrap metal.......well the new house was a little over a hour away so we bumped up our speed a little bit....dropped the 31 chevy woody and boxes off the rear of the tralior and headed back.......made one stop by the atm before going back to that shop......10 minutes of talking and 100 dollars later a farely complete 1940 GMC pannel wagon was mine.....there are fewer every year........save what you can.......i never got to build it like i wanted.....traded it to a friend so i know it is in good hands...but the bottom line is the same.....there is one more 1940 GMC now to go around.....if i would have waited till the next morning it would have been gone.....he was planing on leaveing at 6 am the next day......

18. Frosty21

Frosty21
    from KY

Yes, save them. Even if its below your standards. Their definetly not going to be making much more of them.

19. cadillactramp

cadillactramp

i work at a scrap yard. my boss gets a little gung-ho when it come to crushing. we just sent a 61 comet to the crusher last week. we had some cool shit.

20. Frosty21

Frosty21
    from KY

I think thats what happened with the previous local junk man.

He has his collection of MG's..and one good one. Crusher comes, he gets excited....*crunch*.

21. Look at it this way....
    Maybe the next old "pile" the scrapper comes
    up with could be a duece 3W!

Doc

22. cadillac dave

cadillac dave

i have a junk yard..i adsmire the old stuff and crush the 80's and 90's shit.its not about the money when you are having fun. back in the 60's i dragged cars home from other yards. my dad was cool about it, gave me room to keep stuff...if it wasn't for that acid rain it would probably still be good ....but they are great for parts. i pick them down to the bone before crushing.... cadillac dave

23. LowLincoln

LowLincoln
    from Granby, MA

coulda, woulda, shoulda..... dont you know how to lie to your boss?

24. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Yeah this is a wierd post. Id feel bad that it got crushed, maybe not start a thread about it?

25. skyrodder

skyrodder

I live check to check and i have a wife and daughter to support so i had to ask my wife, I make the money but i respect my wife enough to ask her opinion, I am going to go see if it's there tommorow, but i need my job and i cant be late or miss a day because i have not been there six months. so theres that, and to all the negative guys a BIG FUCK YOU! It made my day anyway, when i was looking at it I saw myself driving it already, but like i said the guy comes across this stuff very often...

26. 2dr_sedan

2dr_sedan

...Some stories are better off untold. Like this thread.... waste of time.

...and I could have won the lotto, but didn't play....

:(