Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs I chopped my fordor

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sixgun, Feb 1, 2010.

1. sixgun

sixgun
    from Portland

yeah Issue 40 page 43

2. sixgun

sixgun
    from Portland

Project is on hold. I have been bumped off of my route and haven't been to spokane to work on her for almost two months. I am dying to get going but for right now I am just spinning my wheels. I did get the passenger side door tops end latch mechanisms done before I got bumped but didn't get a chance photograph them. I will just have to wait for better times.

3. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

Hang in there man, things will turn around.

I really like your car, I have a soft spot for these.

Dan

4. Baja Bandido

Baja Bandido

Sixgun,

Have you had a chance to make it back to your fordor? I'd love to see any updates if you have any.

Chris

5. sixgun

sixgun
    from Portland

Well I got up to Spokane a few weeks ago to visit my folks, I got promoted to Engineer, so I have been working like crazy, but not up to Spokane. They've got her stuffed back into the corner of the garage, which is fine, but kind of sad. I am hoping to bring her down to Portland this summer whether or not I have a garage. Anyhow here are some pics as she sits. <br>
    The door tops on the pax side are in place
    <br>
    [​IMG]
    <br><br>
    [​IMG]
    <BR><BR>
    [​IMG]

6. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

You and the OLD MAN are doing great.Having a old man around with his long life experiences sure helps.You are going to have the coolest car on the block,oh yea you already do. Keeping it a 4 door makes it more special. Nice job!

7. 41fordor

41fordor

Is that a 69-70 Mach 1 under the car cover...?

8. sixgun

sixgun
    from Portland

No it's the old man's '57 thunderbird

9. sixgun

sixgun
    from Portland

Check this out; I picked up a pair of '57 chevy dagmars at the swap meet, I think gonna use them on the ends of the rear bumper. I'll wrap them around the sides and put some old taillights in them. I think I'll look great.<br>

[​IMG]<br><Br>
    [​IMG]<BR><BR>
    Here is what it should look like:<BR>
    [​IMG]<BR>

WHat do you think?

10. No please, find two more Buick teeth, make then into rear overiders and make some taillights like the tech week thread from a few weeks ago.

11. sixgun

sixgun
    from Portland

you got a link?

12. I really like what you´re doing, but why no pillarless doors, on your pillarless car?

13. warren babcock

warren babcock
    from CALIFORNIA

Really like your work on your car.. I should have done my 4dor like that.. Great work...:cool:

14. sixgun

sixgun
    from Portland

Though I do like the fordor hardtop look (there is a photoshop of a really nice chopped 4dht shoe on some thread around here, I'll look for the link) I was kind of hoping to surprise people when I opened the doors and they turn out to be not only suicide jobs, but the whole pillarless thing. Plus van latch system I am using wouldn't work without the top of a pillar. And besides, when I am done with this one, I'll have a reason to build another one.

Maybe someone out there with photoshop skills can show us what she'd be like without posts though.

15. Jroc0801

Jroc0801
    from Katy Tx

What did you do with the tail lights are they for sale sheet metal and all thanks

16. retroclassix

retroclassix

any progess on this build? I too am doing a fordor chop and your thread is very inspiring

17. Foppa

Foppa

i'm a fan of this build.. so any updates ?? loving it..

18. rat pup

rat pup
    from houston

also a fan, whats goin on with the more door?

19. barberinabox

barberinabox
    from tampa,fl

Stock bumpers?

20. desotot

desotot

don't stall out, I want to see this finished, I think its going to be great!

21. Dog Dish Deluxe

Dog Dish Deluxe
    BANNED
    from MO.

Love chopped 4drs. Why is it that 4dr shoeboxes look so much cooler chopped than 2drs? I'd like to find another 4dr one but all i ever see for sale are 2drs.

22. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

any updates?

23. mattcrp1

mattcrp1

Just found this build and wondering the same, like my mom always said "the more flack you get on an idea the more your on to something good" .... lol. good constructive comments and input on this. thanks BADBOB for posting the pic of the convertable with chopped spears. I really like the continental style door treatment. cant wait to see progress pics.

24. TheLogLady

TheLogLady

Bring it ! i wouldnt do it to mine, but cudos to you and look forward to your next updates ! (You have put the suicide door idea im my head tho..hhmm)

25. Kewl65

Kewl65

26. RodNoc

RodNoc
    from Kelso, WA

This thread has been a great read. The car looks awesome. I hope to see it around Portland. You should bring it to the round up at Jubitz in June!

27. sixgun

sixgun
    from Portland

The 51 has been in limbo. I don't go to Spokane anymore for work, so it just sits in the old man's garage. I don't have a garage here in Portland but I've gotten so damned tired of not working on it that the old man and I are going to bite the bullet and bring the damned thing down here, and I'll just see what I can do while it's nice. Watch for updates.

28. clarthepio

clarthepio

Sweet As!! Lovin it! I too am hoping to chop my 4 door!

Subscribed!

29. sixgun

sixgun
    from Portland

Well, the other day the old man showed up with a little surprise! The 51 has come home. I am finishing some work on my son's pedal car, then I'll be getting down to brass tacks.

[​IMG]

30. Got some interesting things going on with this one. Keep it going.