Register now to get rid of these ads!

I bought another long roof! 1966 Bonneville Wagon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Adam M., Aug 15, 2011.

1. Well I did it again! I felt sorry for it and adopted another yellow, big block wagon! We were just driving down a road to pick up a boat lift, stopped and talked to a guy, then bought another car I don't need!

Its pretty loaded up with Alot of options. A doctor bought it new in Arizona and I don't think he forgot to check too many boxes on the option sheet!

I realized as much fun a wagon is, I don't need two, so its looking for a new home. I posted it in the HAMB classifieds but I thought you wagon guys would like to see my find! Its not a '32 Barn find, but I thought it was cool.

Enjoy!

Attached Files:

2. Al Von

Al Von

VERY cool! I love wagons. Have two in my fleet right now. Unfortunately, both non-HAMB friendly.

3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Wagons can be kinda cool.

4. hozem396

hozem396
    from ohio

Nice Indian. Make it your parts hauler!

5. Not to nitpick, but no such thing as a big block Pontiac, all Pontiac engines share the same external dimensions. 421-428-455 are stroked with smaller journals than the 350-389-400. 301 is a low-deck version.

6. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

Actually, the 421/428/455s have larger main journals than the smaller cube engines, with the same size rod journals.

7. Nice wagon, and a dual master cylinder as well.

One girl I knew in high school would take her mom's '66 wagon out on Friday nights on the sly and we'd take turns driving it.. could lay down a 200' stretch of rubber with no effort.

Bob

8. That's what the Galaxie is for! It works great for it too. Wagons are like a truck with a cap!

You may be right with that, but either way its still a "bigger" block then most of my friends drive around!

9. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

That block is the biggest!

Cool wagon.

10. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

bingo, we have a winner.

11. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Niiiiiiiiiiiceeeeeeee.

12. That's a nice boat you got there!

13. Billybobdad

Billybobdad

Keep the Poncho, get rid of the Ford.

14. Those big land yachts are cool....reminds me of some of the stuff my parents had when I was a kid

15. gtowagon

gtowagon

Nice wagon i'm doing a 65 tempest wagon now

16. I had a hard plastic 1/25 slot car exactly the same as your '64 galaxie, same colour, woody and all. The Pontiac is a big car, kinda reminds me of the picture below! Good luck.

Attached Files:

17. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

When I turned 16, our family car was a 66 Bonneville 2 dr hdtp. That car was fast and smoooooooooth! Congrats on your new longroof!

18. Ryguy442

Ryguy442
    from Nc

I'd keep it, drop it, and drive it! Then again I keep everything might be why I have sooo many cars, I'm just a sucker for old Pontiacs

Ryan

19. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

Cool car. Remnds me of the 66 Catalina wagon I once owned. It could fit a 4x8 sheet of plywood with the back seat folded down and tail gate shut.

20. jipp

jipp

what kind of wagon did the brady bunch drive? for some reason i remember the brady bunch having a wagon.. nice long roof.. i like wagons my self.. even owned a few.. some of the bad girls were nice sleepers with there huge engines, and if they were made during the muscle period you be surprise what you will find under the hood of some of them.. i know i was.
    chris.

21. The Bradys had Mopar wagons - a '68 Plymouth Suburban, then later came a '71 Suburban wagon. There were a couple of others, IIRC, the show ran five seasons, and there was a new Mopar wagon each season. Mike Brady had Fury convertibles, until the last season, where he has a '71 Challenger ragtop that had been changed with '72 sheetmetal - a "one-of-none".

I really like both wagons you have, Adam! Great score on the Poncho.

22. Wagons IMHO are the most versitil vehicle for family's.
    I just couldn;t imagine raising a family in the little vans they make today..

23. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

A very cool , (and solid ), looking wagon. :cool::cool::cool: Too bad the doc missed the Muncie 4 speed box. :D:D:D

24. I love that picture with the bowling alley set up! That's funny!

The owners manual shows 50" between the wheel wheels and 122.5" from the back of the middle seat to the tip of the tailgate! Fold down the middle seat and almost anything will fit in there!

I brought home a Model A cowl, and front and rear fenders for a 28/29 Model A in the back of the Galaxie lastnight with room to spare!

That would have been amazing! I'm really leaning towards a 5spd in the Galaxie....

25. Teej

Teej

I'm guessing since the '66 isn't HAMB material, the classified ad didn't last... What are you asking for it?

26. Jim 68cuda

Jim 68cuda
    from Virginia

I like both your wagons. I have a 67 Belvedere wagon that isn't HAMB friendly either.
    The yellow slot car 64 Country Squire was probably really only 1/43 scale. Ideal made 1/43 scale battery powered slot cars in the "Motorific" line. Heres one thats currently on E-bay. They aren't real expensive and are actually kind of nice.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IDEAL-MOTOR...466?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2566f17662

[​IMG]

27. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is a good looking old wagon that is one of the easiest cars to work on you can find. I worked on a lot of them when I Worked in a Pontiac garage in the early 70's and that would make a great tow car/road car for someone.

28. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

wow! nice find! so ya come to the main board to pimp your classified ad on here!? this isnt ebay bud! this tactic has been tried a million times! FAIL!

29. Jim 68cuda

Jim 68cuda
    from Virginia

Well I for one think it was a cool find. Thanks for posting.