Register now to get rid of these ads!

I Beam Axle and Split Bones. How strong?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Iceberg460, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Iceberg460

Iceberg460

Alright guys, my current project is a little OT but would like some input on how strong this setup is. I'm still in the planning stages of my '31 Tudor and so far the plan is a healthy 460 or 557 BBF, 4-speed, 2x4x.125 chassis with boxed A rails from the firewall forward and as much of a full cage as I can fit in this car and still be streatable (easy entry/exit). The rear suspension will be ladder bars or a uh... pro-link 4 bar. She'll run around on the streat on cheater slicks but when I wanna go fast I'll have a set of wrinkle wall for the strip. Now it seems to me there is a slight chance that I'll be getting some air under the front tires at the strip and my question is will a drilled I beam axle and bones hold up to this kind of punishment? Thanks, Justin

2. There have been many with badder,heavier,meaner cars than you, You will be fine.