Register now to get rid of these ads!

I actually worked on the '47. It's a FREAKIN' miracle!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KIRK!, Feb 16, 2004.

1. KIRK!

KIRK!

I just got all the Rage Gold off of me. I spent way too long tonight on my dash but at least I was doing SOMETHING. I shaved the stock square gauges, the stainless around them and on the glovebox door and frenched in a chrome aftermarket gauge panel where the radio used to go. The two BIG gauges are going too. The dash will get two chrome boobs where the holes are.

The body stuff is being done by my buddy Eric and his friend Rich in Gilroy. They do absolutely AMAZING work. Eric is just opening up his home-based shop again now that he ditched going back to school and I'm the first customer. If you are anywhre near the Bay area and need ultra PRO bodywork done cheap I'll hook you up with him. So far they have finished the tailligt frenching that I barely started, added the Winfield running board eliminators, molded in the rear fenders and rounded the decklid corners. Still to go: mold in front fenders and finish molding in the Winfield kit. I'm stoked! I have to finish nosing the hood and doing some finish body shit on it and mold in the grille +++++++more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Big Dirty

Big Dirty

Dash is look'n really good and dig the rear fenders on the ford!!!!!!!

3. Levis Classic

Levis Classic

Those tail lights look great! Nice ass on that Ford.

4. The 47 is coming together well.....liked the lowered lid and stance....looking GOOD!!

5. KIRK!

KIRK!

Thanks fellers! I have to start kicking ass on it if I hope to make Paso.

6. that chop was harder than it sounds right???? Progress is lookin good... heres ours about 2 months ago...

Attached Files:

7. KIRK!

KIRK!

[ QUOTE ]
    that chop was harder than it sounds right???? Progress is lookin good... heres ours about 2 months ago...

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly it is my first chop, so it would be hard anyway. But Eric who has been chopping cars since he was 14 and his dad whos been chopping since the 60's both said these are a bitch. I guess every other chop will be easy from now on. YEAH RIGHT!

8. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Good to see ya puttin' all those skills ya picked up at Winfield's place to good use! [​IMG]

9. HotRodMicky

HotRodMicky

Hi Kirk,
    how much has the '47 been chopped front and rear??
    Do you have another picc of the running board mod. ??
    Thanks
    Michael

10. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

why are you re-doing the rear window treatment? i thought it looked good when i saw it... [​IMG]

11. KIRK!

KIRK!

[ QUOTE ]
    Hi Kirk,
    how much has the '47 been chopped front and rear??
    Do you have another picc of the running board mod. ??
    Thanks
    Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

4" front and 5" rear. No more pics of the Winfield setup. Sorry.

Yorga.... That quarter never got finished.

12. Kirk, man, looks bitchen. Get as much done as you can Now...for the baby is on the way! You'll be a busy man then!
    Let me know if you ever need a hand or someone to just stand there and say, "man, that's cool, Man that's gonna be rad!" hah
    john

13. ours was 4 1/4 in front 4 7/8s in the back [​IMG]

14. KIRK!

KIRK!

[ QUOTE ]
    ours was 4 1/4 in front 4 7/8s in the back [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW, pretty much the same thing. I think that's just the right amount to keep good lines.

15. HotRodMicky

HotRodMicky

4 inch out of the A pillar?or in vertical height?
    Thanks again.
    Michael

16. KIRK!

KIRK!

Out of the A pillar.

17. purple

purple

<font color="purple"> You work on your shit as much as I do, which is not near enough. I hope you at least have a windshield in it by September.

I'm gonna make a little trailer for my bicycles so I can take them down to BP. Then we can race our cruisers through the show and scare the little girlies. We can set up a 1/16 mile on that main straight in the fairgrounds. [​IMG] </font>

18. KIRK!

KIRK!

[ QUOTE ]
    <font color="purple"> You work on your shit as much as I do, which is not near enough. I hope you at least have a windshield in it by September.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Shit, it better have a windshield in 3 or 4 weeks.