Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hydraulic lines for fuel setup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pug man, Jan 22, 2012.

1. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

Hey guys I am building a COE and the engine is going to be in back of the cab. I have read a few things where some guys have had trouble using a cable system for the carb because of the length. Someone told me to check into a hydraulic setup to use for the carb. What do yall think about that and what kind of setup would you recommend? Thanks in advance...

2. RopeSeals???

RopeSeals???

3. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

4. CutawayAl

CutawayAl
    from MI

Not sure about currently, I know some boats once used hydraulic accelerator pedals. I know of several cases of a hydraulic accelerator being used in cars. None of them had problems.

Some production vehicles have long throttle cables. Although length matters, routing and cable type/quality has a lot to do with how well they work.

5. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

WOW "gimpy" that is a great looking setup. That just might be the ticket and thanks to the rest of you guys to....

6. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It is dead simple, and you can put as much hose on it as you feel like buying. So long as the air bubbles are out, your carburetor and pedal can be a mile apart.

There are fittings to go to NPT, so the plumbing possibilities are limitless:

http://www.cbperformance.com/catalog.asp?ProductID=1264