Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hydraulic clutch line question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Skankin' Rat Fink, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

So the clutch master in my '60 is acting up. I'm replacing the clutch master real soon. The hydraulic line right now has a rubber segment in the middle, to take up vibrations/shifts of the cab relative to the engine. The rubber is aging, breaking down, and turning my fluid black. I'd rather just run a solid steel line with a "curly-cue" to take up any motion in the line. So my question is this ... which way do I want to curl the line?

[​IMG]

Like figure A or figure B? The slave cylinder is almost directly below the master cylinder.

2. Paul

Paul
    Editor

B,
    A could trap air

3. I used a minivan rear flex line in mine...cheap insurance against metal fatigue.

4. Spud

Spud
    from Ohio

A would be harder to bleed. A new rubber line would last along time just like the old one did.

5. Iceberg460

Iceberg460

When I had to replace the one in my trans am i went down to the local tube and hose store and had them make me one out of braided stainless hose. Only cost about 50 bucks for a three foot line with the ends crimped on and all the fittings