Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hydraulic/brake line question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Turbo26T, Feb 16, 2009.

1. On my rear axle/rear brakes...I'm running hard line from the wheel cylinders to a distribution block on the rear axle housing then flex hose from dist.block to frame..Does the dist. block have to be near the center of the housing(so the hard lines are close to the same length) or can the block be nearer to one wheel than the other?...There's a handy mount point on my axle thats only about 10" from one w/cyl,but about 30" from the other. Will that make one wheel brake before the other?...Any ideas,SWAG's,past experience ????

Stan

2. Model A Vette

Model A Vette

It doesn't matter where you put the block.

3. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Yeah, you could thread the T block directly into a wheel cylinder if you wanted to. Hydraulic pressure is the same throughout the line.

4. barney rubble

barney rubble

It dont matter. Every car I ever seen its offset to the drivers side from the factory.

5. The soft hose lengths should be minimized so they don't act as shock absorbers and suck up all the stopping power. I've seen junction blocks offset before and they worked fine.

Bob