Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hurst Racing Tires closed????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by olskoolrodder, Mar 14, 2014.

1. 005knuck

005knuck
    from Philly

And I will definitely try the "Flyingeyeballs" site
    Thank you

2. 005knuck

005knuck
    from Philly

Hey Soda tried both numbers.........Nada
    1 was Hurst shifters etc other wasn't in service
    Crazy called a few of their competitors and no-one knew anything

3. dubcee

dubcee

any new news on this?

4. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Website is down. Even if the closed I cant see the tooling vanish, so what's going on?

5. anothermoneypit

anothermoneypit
    from CT

i don't know about that "moving" thing. Lot of complaints about the tires and he did not step up. Read that on a few boards. Had a hell of a problem balancing the ones I have, checking out Towel City for the money. Heard nothing but good stuff about them as well.

6. superchargedill

superchargedill

My brother and I both have the HURST Super Cushions on the front of our Pontiac's. Mine are about a year older than his but after 2 years his started cracking and coming apart. We called numerous times, emailed, no returned calls, no follow up at all. We love the way they look and paid a premium for them but damn. If we could have had some kind of conversation with Cody, any kind of explanation, help or compensation towards another set, anything,,,,, ya know what I mean. These are expensive tires and they have the look we wanted. I don't think 2 years of very limited driving warrants a set of tires coming apart. He ended up buying a new set of tires from another company that have "the Look" and they are not recaps. Sorry to be a downer but in this day and age CUSTOMER SERVICE means EVERYTHING.

7. OK I gotta ask when did this go from where can I find Hurst slicks to spam? Just curious how this works cause I got some things for sale too.

8. 5window

5window

You do realize that the post your're quoting is a year old and that there have been many on topic posts since? Too much sun??

9. Actually I don't bother looking any more if people didn't dig up old crap it that has lost its relevance it would not be a problem I suppose. :(

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  10. I always dig up old shit brother. This place has many a nugget to be extricated from its dust. So be it. Hand me the pick axe for the next one !! I'll sip this beer until then. HAMB on PnB.

11. I think that the general consensus is that Hurts is out of business, most companies don't have customer service after they go out of business. Well that and you can get free stuff on come farm my info dot com. :D

12. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

I cannot find the hurst racing tires website. All the posted phone numbers do not work. I bought my tires 2 1/2 years ago. I could not have been happier. I loved the look and the performance of these tires. Yesterday on the highway the chevy started to shake pretty bad. I pulled over and saw the tread is pulling away from the sidewall on both tires. I am not a rich man, I had to save for months to afford these tires. Now there is no one to call or e-mail. I feel we got ripped off. Anyone in the northwest have an update on the fate of hurst racing tires. PLEASE

13. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

They wouldn't have done anything for you anyway,sorry man I think your S.O.L. .... Try Towel City for recap slick I hear their customer service is A-1 also

14. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I am getting some stuff from Towel City shortly.

15. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Surely you shouldn't call me shortly :D

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  16. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

just be glad I didn't call you Marilyn.

17. So it sounds like the consensus is anyone with 1-3 year old Hurst tires should remove them ASAP if you plan on driving at any real speed...

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  18. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

Not sure?... I think hurst was hit and miss for some reason, maybe they changed material or process a few people swear by them

I personally had two pairs but didnt drive on them long before selling cars so I can't say what happened to them , I know the shop I am at now had a customer car sitting on them for 3-4 years and they were falling apart without even been driven on!

After seeing a few posts by the owners of the hurst business on here though I decided I'd rather spend my money elsewhere , I saw towel city had a few problems but sounds like they made good effort to make it right with customer, which to me goes a long way

falcongeorge likes this.
  19. Muttley

Muttley

Just buy a set from Radir, they are new tires not re-caps.

Elcohaulic and slammed like this.
  20. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

Buy them from this guy or get them from this place sounds great but we are missing the point here. I paid over 500 dollars for two tires that did not last. I cannot afford to just go get another set

21. These guys are just removing the emotion, the agrivatiton and BS with advice on getting you rolling again quickly and safely with recommendations that seem to be a better way to spend your time and money.
    I can't tell you how to get blood from a turnip either, or how to feel better about getting the shitty end of a stick.
    You can spend time and money trying to get restitution or spend the time rolling nickels

22. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

that would be great if A) they weren't so goddam tall, and B) they didn't all have a big-ass ugly WWW on one side.
    I'm buying pie-crusts for a project that needs a "period" look, the radirs miss by a mile. If I wasn't concerned with the period look, I wouldn't be buying the pie-crusts in the first place.

23. George - ya got a point, the Radirs are right for some but not all. The WW can be painted from what I hear. New tires only on my stuff FWIW.

24. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

For what I am doing the main issue with the radirs is the height. I am looking to copy the look of a mid-sixties 10x16 racemaster, they were 30.6" tall, the 10x16 Radirs are 32", that's WAY noticeable on an open wheel car.

25. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

I know speedway motors had them in their catalog for a brief period a few years ago , they might have some contact info for you , but the fact they don't sell anymore either might tell the tale... If you bought from a vendor like them , that would be the only way to get a resolution ,

if you bought directly from hurst , .... Well ... They told many others to go pound sand ....soooo I doubt if you do find them , that you would become an exception to the rule of their customer service

26. zeph4057k

zeph4057k

bullsh!t !!!!

27. zeph4057k

zeph4057k

you guys are too expensive, get them cheaper from towel city

28. zeph4057k

zeph4057k

that's what they make black paint for. I painted mine with satin krylon and have perfect for 4 years now !

29. zeph4057k

zeph4057k

hurst tires was using radial cores that were over 8 to 12 years old, they came apart and you couldn't balance them, they also would NOT call you back or refund a dime, so if you bought these tires, you are screwed !!!!!!!!!!! they took the money and ran !!!!!! my buddy got screwed. sorry for the bad news. radir or towel city is your best bet for vintage pie cutters.

30. Three years old already

gimpyshotrods likes this.