Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hurst racing tire/fire for tuck project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODRUBBER, Feb 8, 2012.

1. CGkidd

CGkidd

Cody and his old man are cool people. Hope things start to come back around for tuck, Good job

2. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Is Tuck aware of this? Can't imagine him not coming on with a comment after such a great gesture.

Frank

3. A Rodder

A Rodder

Just reaffirms why I have been such a satisfied repeat customer. The best!

4. hammeredcoupe

hammeredcoupe
    from Tacoma,WA

x2. Great guys with a great product line. Just another reason why I have bought from them before and will continue to in the future.

5. sinticket

sinticket

This has set in stone that I WILL be buying the tires for my 32 from these guys. Class act fellas. You will be getting my business!

6. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Frank,

I posted a huge thank you on my build thread and explained the whole thing- :) but yeah huge thank you to HURST-

I'll post pics as soon as I get them mounted-

Cody and Steve rule- the first set of custom slicks I had made the label was so funny they wrote stuff on it in marker- I think I have a pic of it somewhere- :)

The slicks on my 34 were hurst and same with my truck and roadster of course- Unless they're vintage slicks its pretty much all I'll buy-

I used to work at an old firestone plant in college where we recapped tires- So I feel like I can picture the whole process fromt the time they got my new pair of firestones- to chewing off the new tread prepping them for the cap... to the cap... to the cleanup... its a lot of work to make a nice set of recaps. We had some pretty big rubberball fights in that firestone plant... haha. I would be powder coating semi wheels with a hood on and all the sudden WAM- out of nowhere get hit in the head- then WW3 would break out in the shop. hahaha...

I think if Bob Bleed and I were to visit Hurst we would get into trouble.

donuts, rubberball fights... and smokey burnouts.

Hurst Slicks RULE.

Thank you!
    Tuck

7. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

I plan on going to the Hurst shop to film the process.. I think you and Bob need to pay a visit to Cali and will road trip it to Portland.. Just sayin..
    Danger Danger!

8. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Um yeah the 3 of us would prob end up in jail... hahaha... I'm in ;-) :)

9. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

soo cool to see one more piece of the puzzle come together... Oh heck ,, I can see it now, the rubber ball fights.

10. Just came across this searching threads about tires. I just don't know how you could top this. I'm going to contact them on some supercushion tires for my '47.