Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hurst Comp Plus shifter diagram

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ric, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Any one have a diagram of the internal workings of a Hurst Comp Plus shifter ? Looking for a parts blow up. I checked on Hurst site and found nothing, googled and found nothing, does Hurst keep this info under wraps ?

2. Paul Y

Paul Y

3. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

4. That is a great link Paul, thank you. And thanks Johnny, that is my problem, cannot get the shifter to move over into the 2-3 position easily. I did take it apart and cleaned it up, reassembled and got it to work in a vice, but once whole thing was reassembled and mounted on trans it still wouldn't work. I am a little unclear on the shim arrangement, got a little confused on one of them when I took it apart.

5. Is ric really posting?! Cool.

6. Hey Tman, ya I crawled outa my cave long enough to get an internet connection. Had a busy winter cyclocrossing, and you ?

7. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Keep in mind that you have to adjust the linkage proberly and no slop on the link rods first. Tweeking the 3-4 lever is the last thing to worry about.

8. Oh , man real cross? We are just startimg here!

9. Thanks Johnny, the problem I am having is the shift lever does not physically move over into the 1-2 position (sorry typo in my original message), the plunger does not want to move out of the 3-4 position. But your point about shift linkage adjustment, no slop etc is well taken. I have a pretty idea of what I need to do, thanks for your input guys.

10. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Went back and reread everything you said. Sounds like it got reassembled incorrectly. Just go back and reveiw the photos Paul Y posted. Its all there, you can see all the shims and where they came from. I got lucky on my first one but i did worry that i would get it wrong. If you had the nerve to get in it, that tells me that you can get it done.