Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hunnert Car Pileup *2 month warning* 10/9/10

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hellfish, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Hellfish

Hellfish

ok, 67 days!

October 9, 2010

http://www.hunnertcarpileup.com/

Just a reminder that the show is coming up fast! and I have nothing that runs. yipes!

Quick recap:

The 9th Pileup will be on 10-9-10 starting at 9am. :D

As always, we need volunteers for the Red Shirt Army to help run the show! Sign up here -> http://www.hunnertcarpileup.com/volunteers/

We moved the show to Decatur. The new show area is huge and we shouldn't have any traffic problems. Unlike in the past, we have multiple roads in and out and the police, fairgrounds, and town are totally on board... and 90 acres of spectator parking, not counting the emergency overflow areas won't hurt!

Not that you care, but no dust, mud, or gravel at Progress City. All concrete and grass. Easier on your footsies.

Decatur moved their big annual cruise to Thursday night to welcome the Pileup. This cruise night has been going on since the 1950s! Come down early! Details here -> http://www.hunnertcarpileup.com/decatur/

We have a great line up of rockabilly bands from all over the world playing all weekend. Don't forget Friday & Saturday NIGHTS!

The pre/post show parties will be in Clinton, IL (15 minutes from the show) at Snappers, an 1800s opera house, in a cool old downtown area. They will have a fried chicken buffet both nights and beer specials.

The swap meet is back, thanks to the Peoria Bombers CC, plus a great vendor area as always.

Indoor restrooms!

The Decatur Chamber of Commerce is raffling off a former HAMB Drags Hot Rod RPU* to benefit the restoration of their historic district. Go here for details http://www.decaturchamber.com/events/2010/07/20/stone-soup-hot-rod-raffle/

*We have nothing to do with this raffle, but agreed to help spread the word.

2. Hellfish

Hellfish

3. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I can't believe it's August already.

Here's the art for this year. I decided it was time to highlight the essential upright bass. :D

[​IMG]

4. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I signed up for the Red Shirt Army... hopefully not too late? See you guys there... I can't wait!

Ok... DW says I'm not too late...

I just peed a little with excitement!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  5. Hellfish

Hellfish

Damn straight! 9 Pileups and this is only the 2nd bass to appear. Rock on.

6. MissFortune

MissFortune
    from Lemont, IL

Wow this is awesome!! Love the El Camino & everything. can't wait for my t-shirt and hoodie. After last year's show, my goal was to have something to bring out in 2010, so I'm checking the criteria now to make sure my car gets in because it's pretty important to me. Especially after making that 4 hour drive!!

7. cornbinder52

cornbinder52
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am stoked that the show is not 10 minutes from my house. Wish I had something to bring. I will at least cruse the 67 Caddy into the parking lot!

8. Hellfish

Hellfish

4 hours?! From Lemont?!?!? How slow is your car?!? :) It has taken me 2.5 hours or less each time I've gone there from Evergreen Park/Westmont. Regular highway speeds.

Oh yeah, I spoke to a reporter in Decatur who warned me that police in the Decatur area have been cracking down on drinking and driving. In 8 years of Pileups, we've never had a DUI incident that I know of, so be careful.

You can always volunteer to help out! Just 2 hours!

9. Chris 50

Chris 50

It's been so hot and humid recently, that it's hard to believe the often fridgid temps of the HCP could be so close. My wagon might just make it this year. The motor and trans are out right now, but if I'm able to keep picking at it, who knows? I think there could be a "Pileup Thrash" in my near future.

10. Hellfish

Hellfish

Frigid? I prefer to think of them as "ideal". :D

11. BTB-Derby

BTB-Derby

Time is flying for sure:eek::eek:

12. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for the reminder, never to soon to start getting everything prepared. I can hardly believe it's no. 9 already and the new location has got to add to the excitement.

Frank

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  13. Church

Church
    from South Bay

Time to buy my plane ticket.

14. I missed last year and don't plan on doing that again. Got my room booked and signed up for the red shirt army. Can it get any better?
    Later,
    Dick

15. lowpunk

lowpunk
    from berwyn, il

Can't wait. I've doing a PileUp thrash since Oct 11 last year.:D I'm not going to rideless again!!!!

16. MissFortune

MissFortune
    from Lemont, IL

Hahahaa well as of right now I am quoting myself 4 hours....Hopefully in 2 months time that number will decrease!! Definitely have some tuning to do before the Pile-Up...

17. That would suck to drive 15 hours than get turned away at the gate. And have to park outside the gate.
    Who are you kidding we still get to go inside and watch the bands and hang with all the friends.
    Oh and the swap meet is back sweet. Hope they let my henry j in

18. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I would strongly suggest the Henry J be allowed in, even though the wheels are incorrect.

however, PLEASE do not allow Hotrodeo in, he is totally incorrect.

19. Hellfish

Hellfish

I don't remember Rodeo's wheels. I guess I was too distracted by his incorrectness.

20. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

This will be the first one for my Buddy and I,we usually don't attend shows for obvious reasons but will be there to check it out. Hope the weather co-operates.

21. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Can't wait!!!!! Killer artwork Django!

The show is gonna be great, looking forward to seeing everyone again!!!

22. jasonp

jasonp
    from Aurora,IL

This will be my 6th one, hopefully no problems getting in....

23. Plowboy

Plowboy

I too am very happy that I only have to drive 10 minutes to the show from my house. I was hoping to have the Vicky running by then, but out of sheer laziness I don't think it is going to happen.....

For anyone that is coming across 36 from the East, make sure you stop at Scooter's in Hammond, IL just east of Decatur for the best cheeseburgers in the world....

24. Leadsled51

Leadsled51

Wow, after checking out the website, and the changes you guys are making, I told the better half we might be going to the Hunnert Car again! I actually stopped coming, because the cars were starting to look stupid, and so were the "scenesters". Looks like you are back on the right track! Time to book the hotel!

25. CARLOS8A

CARLOS8A
    from waukegan

Cant wait for the last two year this becomes my bday celebration weekend!!! and this year iam bringing my car for the first time!!!

26. Hellfish

Hellfish

Unfortunately, we can't screen the people that show up. Only the cars get the velvet rope treatment. :D

[​IMG]

27. BTB-Derby

BTB-Derby

Must be pick on Ed day:D:D

28. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

We're ready...This time no diner food for the wife (she managed to get food poisoning the day before)

29. Don't be a dick bob just cause my j can go anywhere and I won't give it to you for free
    And come to think of it do any of your cars go anywhere besides the trailer. hmmm that's the question here.
    Also bring 10,000 cash and you can buy a driver for a change