Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Humble beginnings... Lets see if I can finish this one...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hillbilly4008, Jun 5, 2012.

1. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

rear floor all tack welded in.
    [​IMG]

2. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

ok fukker ......... updates !!!!!!!! I'm pretty sure i remember somebody on here pushing me to update my last couple build threads quite regularly and you think you can get away with going a few months without updates .....not happening !! get your shit together and post some progress pics . i heard ya stalled out then i heard you were back at it ........ blah blah blah . quit pussy footin around and finish the damn car . christ we resurrected a 33 5wdw that sat for 63 + years right up the road from you in 7 weeks and raced the damn thing on the beach in jersey right after building a car from the bare concrete floor to a 60's style show car that was driven completed to the nationals 9 1/2 weeks after we started it , while you were sitting on the damn couch with your hand in your pants watching re runs of the wonder years talking to yourself about how cool you would be if you were me !!! that my friend is what you get for calling me a "FUCKING KNOB" in my 33 build thread . get your ass moving !!!!

HOLLYWQQD ( fucking knob )

3. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

Well played sir. You'll prolly have your next banger powered car finished before I'm done.

Truth be told I ain't done a damn thing to this car since Nats. I thrashed for a solid week to get it to the stage it was at. Then it was like somebody flicked a switch and I just stuffed it in a corner. Good thing it doesn't take up much space.

I have a problem with conflicting hobbies. I went back into Jeep mode after Syracuse this year. Took my Jeep out, broke shit. Started to fix it. Bought a '48 Willys Jeep at auction in late august, got that running in a week and have been having a ball with it ever since. Then went back to work on my OTHER Jeep, and thats snowballing out of control.

Don't you worry. I do intend to get back on this. One of these days...

4. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Nice thing about this hobby it will wait for ya. Just don't sell on a whim its just getting good. Nice job so far.

5. rcranger

rcranger
    from ilion ny

ouch that hurt! need to get mine finished

6. whtbaron

whtbaron
    from manitoba

Still wondering about that green body on the white frame. You should get the guys on the photoshop thread to show you some options because I just don't see that being a good one. I'd lean more towards a 2 tone green body, green frame.... maybe a pale gold or even black on the wheels. A white firewall might tie into the white suspension parts nicely. Yep, time we got you back to work over here.

7. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

there yo go ...chime in to take some of the stress off your buddy . i hate to do it in his thread but your ass needs to get moving to . between the two of you i compare the finishing of your projects to watching paint dry . i'm going to grow old and die and still wonder what this little modified i hear you talk about looks like . from what i understand your son has completely rebuilt , traded off,and rebuilt another car in the time it's taken you to decide on taillights !! get movin'

seriously just kidding guys !! good things come to those who wait . i'm totally F'ing with ya . looking forward to seeing your projects done though , they should be pretty cool !!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  8. Tenacity, expertise abounds, great job!

9. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

putzing through old files on my computer today I found these little gems. This is what started it all. Poor old Model A rotting into the ground somewhere in Michigan. Mother Earth started to reclaim her goods, Well Mother Earth I got two words for you FUCK YOU ITS MINE!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

did you end up with that back half ??

11. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

Yes I did. It was the original plan to use it, then I didnt feel like dealing with the rot. They were pretty bad. Sooo, I posted them up in the classifieds here. They are now in Sacramento, I traded them for a crapload of parts.

12. Hurley50

Hurley50
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NC

Glad to see another one saved!

13. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Anything new with it, or did the switch get flipped off again!?? Love this build and what you've done with it....just checkin' on you!

14. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

Bugsy, nothing new to report. I'm arms deep in my Jeep right now, what started out as a simple motor swap evolved into a body off resto-mod. I'm busting my ass to get it finished because I have a baby due in late April. Time is slim now, it will be nonexistent then.

The car sits in the corner of the shop. All the major parts are sourced. Theres not a hell of alot left to do
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Man...it's getting there!!! I totally know how you feel about getting swamped with other projects and putting one off for a while. I'm living that same reality! CONGRATS on the little one though!! That's awesome!!! You may be tied up for a while after the baby shows up but you'll be surprised at the time you can break off for yourself....Getting back out and messing with it some will be therapeutic for you!!

16. Hurley50

Hurley50
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NC

congrats on the baby coming!... I understand. I have boy #3 coming in May... I am also trying to wrap up everything before then...

17. I love this build, and yeah other things in life can stall them out.
    As you said, there is still a lot to do, but on the other hand,
    you have done so much and really turned a bunch of parts into something great.

Congrats on the baby!

18. Driveway builder

Driveway builder

You still have it, so that's half the battle. Leave it there to you have the time... just don't sell it! BTW your old Willy's hopefully will be on the beach in Jersey this year if I can get a spot in "The Race Of Gentlemen"... Hopefully. :)