Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hug your Dad,call your Dads I just lost mine

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by burnnflamz, Apr 18, 2011.

1. to all hug your Dad,call your Dad I usually try to call my Dad on sundays now & then He lives er lived in west Texas I am here in Iowa .
    I didnt get to call him yesterday I have been jammin on the 33 coupe worried about if it is traditional enough to get into Vintage Torquefest pulling intake off to install breather tube because of the moon covers I am putting on which lead to ignition wiring etc etc .Thought I would call him tonight after work & dinner then heading back to the shop.
    Well I got the call this afternoon he had passed away, I ddint get to make the call. If the car isnt traditional enough it will be next year.
    RIP Dad -

2. sp1ke

sp1ke

God bless youi

sp1ke

3. You have my deepest sympathy. I lost Dear Old Dad when he was only 62. He will be helping you from above, Believe me, I know. Sorry for your loss. TR

4. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You and your family are in my prayers.

5. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

not all dads are nice. mine died when he was 86 and he will not be missed:)

6. Pete

Pete

Sorry for your loss.

Pete-

7. baby loves chrome

baby loves chrome

So sorry to hear about your Dad. I lost my Dad at age 66 to early. He taught me the love of old cars, we had a blast. We still have some of his cars today.
    I have great memories. It doesn't matter when you lose them, it is still your Dad.
    Prayers sent your way for you and your family. Take his advice and call or see Dad.
    I know they know we love them, but tell them too. RIP-Daddy

8. Sorry for your loss
    Rip and Godspeed
    I've been doing the same thing.

9. rld14

rld14

Sorry for your loss :(

Lost my dad when he was 57, know how ya feel.

10. thank you all for the kind words - I have met some of the greatest people here...

11. He was 75 - he used to race his old Jaguars at Watkins Glen and was the original owner of a 1957 Fuelie Vette I will have some pics on m y profile if I can get them scanned some day

12. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

So very sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.:(

I hugged and kissed both my parents many times yesterday as they just got home yesterday morning from spending the whole winter in Florida. We are a family that have always said "Love you" and such to each other along with hugs and kisses. My heart breaks for you right now. :(

13. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

Sorry about your dad. Loss my dad almost 30 yrs ago . He was 58. I makes sure I call my mom everyday since. Haven't missed one yet.

Dads and sons are a special bond. Good luck !

14. 31-5window

31-5window
    from Michigan

Very sorry to here this you will be in our prayers.

15. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

I really feel for ya,I miss mine everyday

16. exartist

exartist

My condolences Burnnflamz. You will learn to live with it, but until then just try to make your father proud.

I lost my father and mother 8 years ago, just about this time of year as a matter of fact. You do miss them every every damn day.

17. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

So sorry to hear of your loss! I lost my pops nearly 6 years ago. I still miss him a lot. I'm sure your dad is watching over you always! He'd probably want you to get that 33 done for Torquefest. If it ain't considered traditional enougth, who cares, driv it there in his honor! May he rest in peace!

18. I agree!

19. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Sorry for your loss. The should of, could of's are the worst.

20. chubbie

chubbie

I'm sorry for your loss.... makes me feel funny, never had a "father" just a mean old S.O.B. that still hates me!!

21. Mattilac

Mattilac

Just gave mine a hug. So sorry for your loss. :(

22. 32Gnu

32Gnu

I am sorry for your loss... My dad died a couple years ago and know how you feel.. Prayers for your family from your buddies on the HAMB.

23. old me

old me
    from Iowa

Sorry for your loss-lost mine ten years ago, and even though you kind of mentally prepare for it through the years, it still hits hard when it does happen.
    The pain goes away, but always keep the memories.

Jim

24. firingorder1

firingorder1

Condolences on your loss. I ost my Dad 11 years ago and there isn't a day goes by that I don't miss him. We only get one. Heroes shouldn't die.

25. Ford52PU

Ford52PU
    from PA

Sorry for your loss. You will always have your memories! I lost my Dad when I was 15 and he was 44, its been 40 years and I think of him every day.

26. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

God bless you and your dad. My thoughts and prayers are with you

27. Fourdy

Fourdy

Sorry for your loss. I lost my Dad a short time ago and I miss having him in my garage sitting on a tire watching me.

Fourdy

28. Mine is never out of my thoughts. I miss him everyday even though its been 20 years. We still have a couple of beers in the garage late at night though !!!
    Time will heal the hurt you have right now, and the great times and memories will always be there!!

29. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

30. Mickm

Mickm

burnnflamz,
    I am sorry for your loss and I'll remember you in my prayers.
    I lost my dad last year. I called my dad each and every morning at 8 am. The last day he did not answer. Short time later, I received the call from my sister. The last words I said to my dad were, "I love you".
    Call your dad's every day guys, doing so will be the best thing you ever do.
    Mickm