Register now to get rid of these ads!

hudson owners... need some info plz.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stealthcruiser, Oct 14, 2003.

1. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

met an older gentleman today ,has a hudson pacemaker for sale.he bought it at an auction25 years ago,drove it into his building and has been sitting ever since.
    is there a site i could go to that would tell me how to determine the year model,or could some of you owners shed some light on the subject?
    will take some pics tomorrow,and will post em' thurs. or friday.
    thanks in advance.

2. Pacemakers were introduced in 49/50 I believe, they have a shorter wheelbase than the other stepdown Hudsons. If the grill has straight across bars (3 or 4 Ithink) its a 50. If the grill is rounded with one center bar its a 51 (looks like its frowning). I believe that the Pacemaker was replaced by the the Wasp in 52. If I remember right the pacemaker engine is a 232, the 262 was for the "bigger" cars as was the 308 which was in the Hornet. In addition to the above links posted, go to google and type in Hudson Essex Terraplane club.

3. manyolcars

manyolcars

my book sez pacemakers 1950,51,52 119" wheelbase, there was 5 models in 1950 and 51, 4 models in 52, when you find out which it is I can tell you a little more

4. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

many thanks to all who responded.oncei figure out what it is,i'll post it and a pic in the classifieds.
    thanks.

5. Pacemakers appeared in 1950 and ran until 1952. They were the cheapest model, with the most production numbers in 1950. In 51 and 52 , the Hornet surpassed the pacemaker in production numbers. They had a 119" wheelbase as opposed to the 124" wheelbase in the other Hudson models. The pacemaker also had the least amount of horsepower stock, with 112bhp. It was a 262 engine, with a shorter stroke than the other 123 horse 262 available in the super and commodore series. the 308ci was available in the hornet in 51 and 52.
    Post a pic and I can tell you the year and exact bodystyle along with the production numbers for that particular car.
    Keith

6. Here's mine

Attached Files: