Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hudson Data Tag/Vin Tag

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by spezialitat71, Apr 5, 2008.

1. spezialitat71

spezialitat71

Hey! Does anyone know what a 34 five window hudson coupe's vin tag looks like? When i got my body for my hotrod, there was nothing left but rust. In Connecticut you need to bring the car in for vin verification...as cars that old don't require a title...(even though I have one). So it seems I am in a catch 22. No tag no reg....If I try to register it without the tag, then they want to register it as a composite car which requires 2008 emissions equipment......
    Jere

2. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

3. I would be surprised to learn that 34 Hudsons, or any car of that eara, had their serial numbers (not VINs) stamped anywhere on their bodies. Most had a chassis number stamped in the rails. Ford used the engine serial number. Workers stamped the engine numbere into the frame when the two were joined during assembly.

Find a nice, easy to access spot on the top of your frame and stamp in the number on your title. Use a 1/4" or preferably larger stamp set. Then take a wire brush and clean the area up so the numbers stand out. You might rub a little black paint over the numbers to make them more distinct. Bingo.