Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hudson car collection auction

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1927graham, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Never2low

Never2low

Bummer.
    That was always on my bucket list to swing down that way and have a look see.
    Never made it down to the Chrysler museum.
    I guess it's this summer, or bust.

1927graham likes this.
  2. ken bogren

ken bogren

This is a real shame! It's a neat collection of Hudsons and it is well worth going to see while you can.

1927graham likes this.
  3. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Hate to hear of this, but if your not bringing in the money to maintain the collection what choices are there? Joe

4. hudson48

hudson48

Was on my list for next year.

5. Heart_Of_Texas

Heart_Of_Texas

In the grand scheme of things, these cars were donated by the deceased owner to a township via 501.3c bequeath. The township agreeded to build a convention center and provide an annual stipend to operate the "museum" within the convention center. Moving on the town governing body determined that the income from attendance did not cover the stipend or funds to operate and maintain property. So, an enterprising member suggested selling the center, which they did. News of these transporting actions becomes public. Someone asks...isn't the building and the collection of cars covered by the original 501.3c agreement? OOPS seems that this is true... now what to do? Is the building sale now suspect? Any auction of the museum cars will be covered by original donation contract...aka remember 501.3c? Right now there are some decisions which seemed foregone a few weeks back and impossible to accomplish today. Bet there will be a bunch of hounds sniffing this ones back side!

oldsjoe, triman62 and Hamtown Al like this.
  6. ems customer service

ems customer service

the city just wants the money from the big auction pay out

oldsjoe and Surfcityrocker like this.
  7. frank spittle

frank spittle

Auto museums almost always never recover operating expenses. Only museums buying and selling their collection have a chance of making a profit.
    The town leaders probably jumped at the chance to be awarded a great collection of cars not knowing how little revenue they would generate. I hate to see the collection broken up but if I lived there I would not want my tax dollars subsidizing it even though I love old Hudsons.

oldsjoe likes this.