Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hubs for Anglia Spindles

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AccurateMike, Sep 14, 2020.

1. AccurateMike

AccurateMike

Greetings, I've been gleaning the web for a hydraulic brake solution to fit a special I'm building with an Anglia axle and spindles. Not a bunch out there, usually using parts that are now pretty obscure. My Anglia spindle searches kept bringing me here, threads were usually regarding spindle mount wheels though. I found something that is sure to help. 4 on 4.5" hubs from early 6 cylinder Falcons and Mustangs can be adapted to Anglia spindles with no mods. You use the races from the Falcon (Inner LM11710 and Outer L44610 Timken) and bearings from the Anglia (Inner 03062 and Outer 07098 Timken). A spacer or washer will be needed behind the inner bearing and the seal shoulder to keep the hub from fouling the spindle. I haven't verified the seal yet, shouldn't be too tough, looks like the Anglia seal would do it. The backing plates from the standard Falcon 9 x 2 1/4 drum brakes can be drilled to fit the Anglia spindles. There is tons of disc brake stuff out there for the 6 cyl 4 lug Mustangs and Falcons. I'll venture a guess most can be made to fit. No work involved to get the hub on the spindle. I spent 10 minutes mixing and matching and had the thing together. I've looked for days and have not seen this combination. I have no Idea why. I discovered it by accident ! Enjoy, Mike

verno30, 1934coupe, catdad49 and 3 others like this.
  2. Great info for those that can use it.

3. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I did a lot of work on an Anglia that belongs to a buddy of mine. The previous owner did just that. Grafted the Falcon backing plate to the original one and used the 9" drum. Seems to work ok. However, the seal didn't seal, and grease was everywhere, the ID was too big. After some measuring I found a Corvair inner seal worked. It fit both the hub and the spindle nice. Also; after finding the Corvair seals worked, I thought the hubs/drums might work...nope. The only thing that shares the bearing package with the Falcon is the the early Chrysler A-bodys with 9" brakes and 5on4 bolt pattern. But don't know about the spread on the bearings. Never had a chance to try them. Gene.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    mcsfabrication and 1934coupe like this.
  4. AccurateMike

AccurateMike

Great lead on the seal. I have a Falcon seal here. Way too big on the ID. I don't have an Anglia seal on hand, from pictures it looks like a similar OD to the Falcon. It may just work. I'll have to poke around and see if I can find the seal OD of an Anglia to compare. BTW, while I was perusing bearings for this, I noticed that Mk1 Fiestas ('78-'80) use the same bearing set in the rear as Falcons do in the front. I have 3 Fiestas. One day, I'll pull one apart to check it out. I'll bet that's a little hub !

alphabet soup likes this.