Register now to get rid of these ads!

HUBBA HUBBA my 32-4 Tudor tribute to Gramps

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Runnin shine, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Your right I suppose I’ll just stick with the 13c, Hubba Hubba, and maybe Edmunds Equiped on the hood tops.
    Funny, it only took one guy to talk me off the ledge. I just sometimes get a feeling it needs the middle finger thrown not a excuse me, pardon me.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55, Stogy and kmc777 like this.
  2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Yeah i get it

3. kmc777

kmc777
    from sedaliamo

How's this?
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

brEad, Stogy and dumprat like this.
  5. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great Progress...Looks Awesome

loudbang and Runnin shine like this.
  7. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Rad :)

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  8. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

Nothing wrong with that!

Does the grill need to move down a bit? Or is it just the way it looks in pics?

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  9. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

It’s all the way down probably wacky angle stuff.
    Maybe it will look better with my new to me original 32 grill shell after I make repairs.

chryslerfan55, Stogy and dumprat like this.
  10. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I was looking at that previously, I think it’s just the angle chop playing a trick on your eyes is all

Stogy likes this.
  11. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

12. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll change the name...:rolleyes:...:D

13. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

I think I read once on another thread where you said your not that good with the photoshop?
    That’s pretty nice
    Any chance you could try chopping it one more inch and shorten the car 3” behind the b pillar?
    I’m about to cut the back part of the body off next week and shorten it and the frame.

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  14. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll need some time as this was a bit of work to achieve this so this is a 1" overall straight down chop with rear fwd 3" with cut coming in fwd end of side window behind B pillar. Wheel base to move fwd too?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  15. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Yep and leave the quarter window where it ends up after sliding forward.
    Thanks Sir.

16. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hubba_1Down3Fwd.jpg
    This is approx. 1" down 3" fwd aft of B pillar including rearend fwd as well.
    I did a slight trim of the crown of the roof as well
    The thumbnail shows movement from original version I posted.

;)

Hubba1chop3Fwd.jpg

17. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I didn’t think I would but I kinda like it. It sorta takes on that Cruella Deville stealing all the oupoys vibe. That’s mean right?

Stogy, Runnin shine and loudbang like this.
  18. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Don’t let that pic delusion on you too much. Not quite ready to scoop up Dalmatians in the snow yet. Although I k ow what you mean.
    It looks miss proportioned to true life from the wonderful IPhone camera. Me and my son measured it today and the length of the doghouse if you will from the door jam to the front of the grill shell is 4 feet. The back section from the same door jam location to the rear panel is over 7 and might land dead on it after I cut’r down. The wheelbase will be 107.5 which the extra 1.5” over a stock 32 is from my spring forward setup. It’s 110.5” right now.

19. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I like the cut down version, I think cutting it and the crown being messed with makes it okay nice with the hood line and starts feeling more brute-ish. I think it’ll be rad

Stogy likes this.
  20. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hubba_V1234.jpg

One more for visual...I added a sedan top with insert, wipers and canted the grill top to cowl a wee bit.
    just for talk and yeah...scale is sorta...debatable...your right but interesting none the less. Your onto something worth fighting for...;)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  21. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Ha! I ain’t running wipers, side mirrors, or brakes on a race car!

Stogy likes this.
  22. In regards to the nose art, I don't think a lot of vets would have painted that on their rod. A lot of the guys it seems that served overseas during the war, at least the vets around here, just wanted to get back to regular living after the war even though they were proud of their service. They just tried to put it behind them and get on with life as it was as a civilian. I've got a book on the 38th division that was owned by a 38th infantry vet named Ashton Woods. In the book before the photograph section he wrote, "These old familiar scenes are etched forever in my mind in a war emulsion of uncertainty, emotion, and fear.
    From any other angle they would seem strange and unreal, and would be difficult to recognize." Doesn't sound like something you want to relive daily. That feeling may have been different among aviators, but their air combat experiences were likely just as horrific for them as it was on the ground.
    IMG_0582.JPG IMG_0583.JPG

23. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am posting these concepts for your perusal Runnin. The Skull used was on a Spitfire...I believe same one you posted. I removed two of the (exhaust pipes to make it V8-4). If you want any of these deleted or the others just say so...name post I will remove. No goes are a part of the experience...

As eluded above by Indestructable perhaps as today many back then came back torn up inside and seeing things can remind of the bad. I worked on a Memorial Lancaster Bomber Restoration and it was to me a beautiful, magnificent piece of human engineering but beyond that it also delivered nasty business...Both things were always on my mind...there was also Remembrance as well. So enough of that and Respect to Those that Served...;)...to Protect

The Visions...Just Visions
    Removed the extrassss...namely Wipers, Mirror...

Hubba_VSkulled.jpg

Hubba_VNoSkull.jpg

24. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Agreed 100%.
    I had this understanding of the servicemen myself. I’m afraid I can get carried away sometimes with my own selfish goals for Hubba Hubba to appear sinister or villainous. I think I’d be cheating if I put that cowl art on.
    I hope I haven’t came across as insensitive to the sacrifice these men and women of the greatest generation gave. This would possibly upset my grandfather as he lost his oldest brother to the war. I never discuss with him this side of our family’s history. When I was young there was a picture on my great grandparents mantle of him in uniform that’s all I know.

25. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Thanks as always Stogy
    I am humble enough to admit I didn’t put enough compassionate consideration to the skull idea before opening my trap. Shame on me.
    As for your renderings...
    If any of the naysayers from the first pages of this thread are still around let them say I was wrong now. This car is gonna be cool beans. I think so anyways and it’s in my garage. I’m sure I’ll sneak a peak or two tonight and I’m sick as a dog right now.

chryslerfan55, Dick Stevens and Stogy like this.
  26. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey you have been pretty busy and part of that was that pic you took buckling things together. Get well soon and as I say I will leave the pics as is pending your request to remove if needed. Its done in respect and there is a merited reflection...and I am glad you find these renderings an interesting part of the journey. I enjoy stepping back to a time I never lived...;)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  27. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey about the aft/fwd 3"section...The Victoria's had a shorter aft side window...yes there was a bump out but minus that the rendering I did reminded me of them. Just a thought...

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  28. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

I also clearly enjoy it as well, ask my bank account or my wife.
    My quarter glass should still be larger than a vicky I believe. I measure it wrapping up at just over 27” and 29” of exposed glass for the doors. This of course if I don’t cut and slide the back curve to “shrink” the looks of the upper back panel to roof transition.

29. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I never even knew about sliding glass...I don't get out much...:D...The project is in good hands and I like yourself like the gently distressed look...look forward to the next installment.

30. I think the skull would look neat but you've worked really hard and done a great job keeping it correct or realistic to how an authentic build would be and I know I'd want someone to just give a different perspective if I were in the same place. I certainly don't take offense, man. I understand the respect for the vets from your writings. And I dig where you're going with hubba hubba.